Message Boards > General Discussion

Meet Sophia...

<< < (4/11) > >>

Ryan:
Glad she has warmed to the senior feed. Sorry the cows got in and demolished the hay.

You never know , she may start warming slowly to your feed over time. Shes probably in that stage of "seeing potential new friends" and the "where am I " :)

Chanda:

--- Quote from: Ryan on September 27, 2017, 06:50:29 PM ---Glad she has warmed to the senior feed. Sorry the cows got in and demolished the hay.

You never know , she may start warming slowly to your feed over time. Shes probably in that stage of "seeing potential new friends" and the "where am I " :)

--- End quote ---

She's still in quarantine at the moment, so the senior feed will work.   When she moves over to the mare pen, she'll probably be more inclined to eat the extruded rather than miss out, as the girls share a meal once daily, so if you snooze, you lose.
[They also get one meal daily in their stalls, so each can get any specific supplements they might be on.]

Chanda:
I was filling out her transfer and thinking of her possible pregnancy, looks like she might be a 10 monther...   Her first was 6-03-11 the next was 5-10-12, only about 11 months apart, so either she took foal heat and goes 11 months, or took next one and goes 10 months.

Chanda:
Dewormed everyone for Tapes today.
 I expected Sophia to be difficult to catch, per previous owner's experience and being difficult to catch when I went to see her, but she wasn't bad, she made a half-hearted attempt to run circles around me, but I spoke softly and said whoa and she listened.   She was also good for her deworming. 

dcwolcott:
That's great news!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version