Message Boards > General Discussion

Meet Sophia...

(1/11) > >>

Chanda:
I bought a new little mare this weekend, and she was delivered today,  she's a half-sister to the mare I lost last year.
 Meet Sophia, 12 year old, grey, 34-35" AMHR mare.
She was exposed to a stallion for 2 months, so I may be creating a mare watch thread for her too, but that can wait til she settles in at least.
I have one picture, will try to get more soon.

dcwolcott:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She looks so much like her half-sister!  I know you're excited, and you should be!! 

Did they give you any information on who she was exposed to, so we can see what you (and us) might be expecting next year?

Again, congratulations!!

Chanda:

--- Quote from: dcwolcott on September 24, 2017, 07:47:06 PM ---CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She looks so much like her half-sister!  I know you're excited, and you should be!! 

Did they give you any information on who she was exposed to, so we can see what you (and us) might be expecting next year?

Again, congratulations!!

--- End quote ---

Thank you.   I've just let her settle in this afternoon, I'll see about doing something with her starting tomorrow.   She'll be in quarantine pen for a few weeks, then move in next to the mare pen to get to know the girls, then I'll try integrating her into the herd.
She's going to send me the stallion report information once she sends it in.   She couldn't remember his name, as she owns him jointly with her friend and he resides at the friend's house.   I believe she said he's a silver dapple pinto, but don't quote me on that.

Chanda:
This mare's dam is a Roan Ranger daughter.  Her all the way bottom side grand dam is a Blue Boy daughter.   Her sire is Lucky C Farms Robby, a nice little palomino.

Chanda:
Tonight I thought I'd try a treat with her, she doesn't like them.  She wouldn't take them from my hand, so I dropped one on the ground for her, she tried and made an icky face over it.   All my horses love these treats, they are apple cinnamon flavored in a flat apple shaped treat.   Breakfast may be interesting, since I have an extruded feed that looks like big rice krispies and smells like bubble gum (at least it does to me).    Not sure if I'll buy more treats to see if I can find one she likes, as it's easier to keep them all on the same treat.   I do have some Probios treats, so I can try those, and they'd be good for her.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version