Message Boards > General Discussion

Meet Sophia...

<< < (3/11) > >>

Chanda:

--- Quote from: Ryan on September 26, 2017, 01:20:10 AM ---Well thats exciting Chanda :)  I have my fingers crossed that she took during that time.

(Ryan rereads the dates after staring weirdly at them for a moment, then realizes its clearly the month/date.)  Here we do the opposite :)

With who she has been exposed too and me not being very good with colour predictions etc , any chance of that buckskin , your dreaming of ?

--- End quote ---

She'd have to be palomino and carry agouti under her grey, which is possible with her pedigree.  (Bottom side are all red based and sire is red based, so palomino under the grey is the only way it would work).

Ryan:
 ;pray

Holly:
Congrats! Beautiful mare! Hopefully she's in foal for you.

Chanda:

--- Quote from: Holly on September 26, 2017, 08:09:36 PM ---Congrats! Beautiful mare! Hopefully she's in foal for you.

--- End quote ---
Thank you.

She still doesn't like the extruded feed, I think I'll give up on it for now, and try her on the senior I have, it's a little sweet, so might be more to her liking.   
This morning I gave her some alfalfa pellets and some of the extruded, kind of put them in two piles in her pan; she grabbed the extruded first, so didn't even look back at the alfalfa pellets. 
Perhaps when she moves in with the other mares, she'll get a taste for the extruded.  In the morning, they all go in seperate stalls and get the majority of their daily ration of the extruded; then,  in the evening they share out of troughs in the paddock.  Perhaps when she sees the others eating it, she'll want her share.

Chanda:
The senior feed meets with her approval, I gave her a small helping this morning, I'll work her up to a normal ration starting tomorrow.
My BILs cows got in our yard last night, and annihilated her bale of hay, there is just enough left to get her switched over to my hay.  [I had the seller bring a bale of their hay, so I could switch her over slowly; so much for that plan.]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version