Message Boards > General Discussion

Just a start, spring cleaning...

<< < (2/9) > >>

Ryan:
Hope they are all enjoying the spring grass :)

Its quite the process, but very much understand the importance of a slow reintroduction

dcwolcott:
You both just make me tired thinking of all the work you do!

Chanda:
Got a good start on cleaning the gelding's paddock.  It hasn't been cleaned in like 10 years  :o  It takes a tractor to do it, and previously Shayne did it, but he hasn't had time since before Cheddar passed away in 2010.  I got started, and was having some tractor troubles, when Shayne came home early from his fencing job, so he did a bit of work for me in a couple tight spots, leaving me with a big pile to remove from the pen.    Got the pile all removed, and now will need Shayne's help again for the two tight spots that really need cleaning.   But, enough for today.

Chanda:
Got the mare's cleaned right before the 4th, just in time, too; it's been raining almost non-stop since, so it's pretty soggy out there.  One good thing with all the rain...  The ground is soft, I've now dug in 3 posts for my two gates I need to eventually hang, one more post to go.  [Actually, still need to buy the gates, but can continue to use my portable panels for now.]  Need to pick up a couple 2x6s for braces and bumper boards for the gate posts, but it'll be ok for now (tried two landscape timbers, as we had them on hand, they are hard as rocks and nearly impossible to drive a nail through them, they are up, but I don't know how long they'll last, Thinking I should have waited for the 2x6s).
Anyway, got a good start on a couple summer projects.

dcwolcott:
Sounds like lots of work ahead!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version