Author Topic: Pet Peeves - I can't stand it any more I have to post...  (Read 1866 times)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: Pet Peeves - I can't stand it any more I have to post...
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2016, 06:59:15 PM »
How funny!  I understand each thing you said, and again, each is right on!

Except for "spot"........ :o   Hard for an appaloosa breeder, you know!!  LOL
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2016, 04:42:31 PM »
I knew that one would get you, Diane!  Sorry.

Here's two more - male and female momma.  The male (referring to what is now a yearling colt) on another venue or a neighbor whom had 4 different geldings and a stud colt and expected me to know which he was talking about when he referred to "the male"...  He's out of the horses now, has quit calling/texting me and I removed his # from my phone...  Bad, BAD IDEA.  He texted me some selfie photos - I opened the text since I was looking for a text from a potential buyer of ponies.  My eyes are burning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I deleted the text, but can't delete the memory of those darn photos I should not have gotten!!!  UGH.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2016, 09:24:59 PM »
OMG!  So sorry THAT happened!!   8)
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2017, 11:08:21 PM »
I'm dredging this up to see if anyone has more to add.  I just reread the whole thread, and couldn't help but smile.
I've dredged it up, because I just came across udders on FB and I want to scream at them, "it's not udders, it's udder", they only have one.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2017, 04:31:21 AM »
I'll add one!
Although I must admit I'am an offender of the "Udders" one! I didn't even realize, even though I know they have only one, just i throw an 'S' on the end.

Mine isn't too bad, but we have friends of my parents that used to keep their minis on our property. They came out every day and would constantly nit-pick at me about the horses, they were know it alls, but never owned horses till them minis.

They used to suggest ridiculous things such as breeding Willow with her foal ect, and it was constant, your opinion couldn't contribute.
One time they bought lucerne chaff and mixed it with grain and then ran out of storage for it, so they fed half a wheel barrow load of it between 4 minis in one hit, and my poor minis were in with their horses too, should have seen them the next day....

They also would bring like 4 loaves of bread and feed it to the horses, and I told them I didnt want my horses having any, then they would rave on about how they aren't on grain diets so it wont matter blah blah blah. And still fed them bread... So each horse got a loaf each...

I will end with one last one otherwise I will write a novel. One of my biggest arguments with them was about worming. They were telling me that I was wasting money and overloading them with wormer by giving them their dose every 6-8 weeks. They kept telling me it was twice a year.

They didnt budge even when I told them its the recommendation on the box, and its what the lady at the horse store told me AND the vet. They get the exact same paste as we do as well. And my sister even backed me up relating it to her dose for her dog and cat. Still stuck with their twice a year theory.

But thats all Ill say... Then they took their horses after 4 years (yes I had to cope with that EVERY DAY for 4 years) and they never said thank you, taking them without saying and leaving me worried sick thinking they escaped. Yay  :)
Willow, Kevin, Piper, Specter, Spider & Dashaspring

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2017, 08:30:32 AM »
Good post Carly, all good points.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2017, 11:39:32 PM »
Just saw another one...

Belgium, instead of Belgian for the breed.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2017, 05:53:01 AM »
Yes, I've seen that one, too!