Author Topic: HC Minis 2016 foaling line-up  (Read 23753 times)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: HC Minis 2016 foaling line-up
« Reply #270 on: June 22, 2016, 10:54:54 PM »
I'd be interested in knowing how it works.  I know my farrier/vet used the copper sulfate for thrush the few times I had it here.  But the cream or spray mixtures sound kind of promising, and the spray seems pretty easy to use, even more so than the cream mixture.

I hope to hear of some success for your special boy, Ryan, should you try any of the ideas.
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #271 on: June 23, 2016, 12:15:00 AM »
I haven't tried those Diane, mostly because I'm lazy and I have the betadine on hand, and it's what my last farrier used for everything related to hooves.
I've read on the FB farrier complaint group I follow that they have some success with Today or Tomorrow mastitis treatment for white line and thrush.  Comes in a tube and you squirt it in, evidently.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #272 on: June 23, 2016, 08:12:07 AM »
and if you don't have anything else on hand, or want a less expensive - maybe less "invasive" way -

a mix of 50/50 water and white vinegar sprayed into the hooves/thrushy areas works well, too.

I would think, especially as a spray, it would work on white line issues too.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #273 on: June 24, 2016, 01:35:47 PM »
Che` was way too interested in Baybe today, so likely she isn't pregnant.  Will give it more time, then try again to hand breed in July and hope for the best.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #274 on: June 25, 2016, 02:43:09 PM »
Ok, so Tilly gave me a tiny scare this morning.  I can see part of their pen from the bedroom window, I looked out this morning and Tilly was laying down, don't usually see this, and if I open the window and call her name she usually comes to the gate, well she was in no hurry to get up.  So I got dressed to go see how she was doing, no rush to get up, but she's fine, just having a donkey nap, just surprised to find her laying down outside the shelter after last night's rain, since donkey's don't typically like rain or water.   She's fine and gave me one of those "what now, Mom" looks; so she's fine.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #275 on: June 25, 2016, 03:58:23 PM »
Oh, thank goodness!  I hate when they scare you that way!  So glad to hear she's okay!  Now, put your heart back in your chest, and breathe!   ;D
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #276 on: June 25, 2016, 04:13:14 PM »
Still not sure if she might be pregnant or just donkey fat.   I'm thinking just two foals for 2016; unless I buy something, which is highly unlikely.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #277 on: June 25, 2016, 09:46:19 PM »
Ok, so Tilly gave me a tiny scare this morning.  I can see part of their pen from the bedroom window, I looked out this morning and Tilly was laying down, don't usually see this, and if I open the window and call her name she usually comes to the gate, well she was in no hurry to get up.  So I got dressed to go see how she was doing, no rush to get up, but she's fine, just having a donkey nap, just surprised to find her laying down outside the shelter after last night's rain, since donkey's don't typically like rain or water.   She's fine and gave me one of those "what now, Mom" looks; so she's fine.

Sugar and waffles did this to me last week! They were both out in the pasture on their sides looking dead and I was at first like " oh cute they're sleeping" then I called them and they didn't move an inch (they always run to the gate!) Then I got an apple and broke it in their outside bins and still nothing! I was like omg and ran in to check them. They both slowly raised their heads like they were thinking " what is all the fuss? ?"  Scared me bad lol

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #278 on: June 25, 2016, 11:39:03 PM »
[Sugar and waffles did this to me last week! They were both out in the pasture on their sides looking dead and I was at first like " oh cute they're sleeping" then I called them and they didn't move an inch (they always run to the gate!) Then I got an apple and broke it in their outside bins and still nothing! I was like omg and ran in to check them. They both slowly raised their heads like they were thinking " what is all the fuss? ?"  Scared me bad lol

Yes, the heart in the throat feeling because of furkids is not fun.  Mine usually at least raise their head if they are sunbathing, but this morning Tilly was a turd.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #279 on: June 26, 2016, 07:22:28 AM »
Yup!!

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #280 on: June 27, 2016, 08:46:05 PM »
Yeah that's always an awful feeling !

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #281 on: June 27, 2016, 09:40:58 PM »
Tilly the TURD!!!!!!!!!!  Slapping floor, rolling side to side, tears streaming.

OK, sorry, it wasn't that funny to you.  Been there, after having Animal Control called no less, so I KNOW how it feels when they are slow to respond while enjoying thier naps!!!  Downright heart thumping at times.

Tilly - you didn't nap enough.  I'm ready to "die" - muscles feel like jello, eyes burning from the several times today that sweat was running into them painfully, just plain tired.  You were supposed to pass some of that "good sleep feeling" back over to me!...  and I really do not want to go to work tomorrow - i hate this working only two days!  It's really hard to get into the groove of going in.  I'll be so glad when we get not 1 but 2 new vets hired.  I want to go back to working 3-4 days/week!

AH well, getting some work accomplished around the property..  Hmm, think I stole Chanda mare/foal thread ...  sorry.  Need to switch back to my own.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #282 on: June 27, 2016, 09:49:18 PM »
LOL!!!

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #283 on: June 27, 2016, 09:53:11 PM »
Lol!

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2016, 10:16:20 PM »
 :D ;D :o ??? :))
Chanda
HC Minis