Author Topic: HC Minis 2016 foaling line-up  (Read 23767 times)

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
Re: HC Minis 2016 foaling line-up
« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2016, 08:10:25 PM »
Finished the one quilt, will take and post pictures after finishing the other one. 
It's a windy nasty day here, so staying inside out of the wind.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2016, 08:18:50 PM »
Sounds like the right thing to do!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2016, 12:33:55 AM »
Sorry to hear about your kitty, Paula.  Boots is holding his own, but not eating much if anything, I give him a little liquid supplement by syringe.  Tried some canned cat food mixed with water into gruel today, he didn't want any.   His poor little face is so swollen.  Not really sure what to do for him, gave him a little more aspirin today; may have to try warm compresses and see if that helps any.

Our Rainbow kitty showed back up.  Can't get close enough to touch her or even get good look at her.  She is moving a bit "funny" - our daughter didn't know which leg/s that Gobbs had a hold of..  :(  On good side, she is able to jump up to the top of the rabbit hutch to eat cat food and while not eating well, she was nibbling this morning.  She is very, very skittish... 

Sorry to hear about your Boots.  A hot compress may do wonders.  Are you able to give Boots a liquid antibiotic? 

Mr Blue's story -

I can't for the life of me remember what we did when another barn kitty we had was hit by a car in 2013.  I don't currently know/have the exact date or exact time it took for him to heal...  I know that I took him in to work thinking that one of the two vets working that day would euthanize him for me and I'd take him back home and bury him...  Instead, they treated him w/ fluids (affordably - out of date product donated by a local human hospital) and a drug to reduce swelling but I can't remember what it was.  Then, because he had a serious eye injury, he was getting eye ointment in his eye.  He was also put on a liquid antibiotic.  It was "touch & go" for several days, his head also swelled strangely.  He went into work with me - and became a loved cat that the vet techs would check on and put his eye ointment in when I was tied to the phone (quite literally).  He got the antibiotics only 2x daily.  He did get his head wrapped in compress towels - warm.  He was often covered by warm towels.  He didn't leave his "box" for quite a while - the 4th day, I was again thinking we would be euthanizing him - and again both vets said ...  "wait"... Other than that first bag of fluids, he didn't get anything.  He was originally quite a large/fat barn cat - though very active.  He lost a lot of weight in those 4 days - not eating and not really drinking (we dripped water into his mouth), and like you, offered a gruel made from canned cat food.  When he was up and moving, he didn't really want that gruel and his mouth didn't work quite right.  But on that 4th day, he drank water, some dribbled out of his lopsided jaw & wobbled into his temporary litter box and utilized it.  He still wasn't out of the woods, but things were looking up for him. 

This pic is about 4 - 6 weeks after the accident.  Don't have the exact date that he was hit or exactly how long it took for him to be completely better - it was much longer than a couple of months.  He stayed a house cat from the fall (Late Oct I think) until late summer 2014 - when he started going outside occasionally.  When we moved, he went into a temporary pen with hay/straw bales from November 2014 thru January 2015.  He did OK.  When he came to the new property, he started out outside - but he regularly comes into the house (as in he's beside me on the couch now while I type and watch CSI-Miami).

It's been almost 3 yrs now.  His teeth/jaw still don't match up quite right, but he can eat, drink and catch his own meals outside, too.  He often sleeps in with the bunnies in one of the open topped pens or even directly in the bottom section of 1 of the hutches.  Never had him go after our bunnies.  While it's pouring outside tonight, and he hadn't asked to go back out, he'll sleep in my bed between dog bodies that will also sleep with me.  Larry is at work tonight.

Just saw Rainbow kitty curled upin the hay in the rabbit hutch...

Now, go run your hand over Boots and say a nite/nite prayer, then wash up and treat your own eye and enjoy what is left of your evening - IF you aren't already in bed!

And I can't wait to see your quilts!
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2016, 10:02:27 AM »
Glad your kitty showed back up, Paula, and thanks for the story about Mr Blue.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2016, 11:37:21 AM »
Handsome boy!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2016, 12:27:57 PM »
Awwe Super!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2016, 12:46:39 PM »
Had a little excitement here this morning, no not a foal, as that would be a lot of excitement.
I don't have permanent pasture space for the minis, so I move portable panels around the yard for their grazing.   Last night, I moved most of the panels for Baybe, Che` and Tilly's "pasture", just one to go, but wanted to get out of the wind; guess what I forgot this morning...  Yep, forgot to move that last panel before turning them out, so Baybe and Che` went on run about, got che` caught as he is much easier than Baybe, tied him near the paddock entrance, and more or less shooed Baybe in the right direction, she ran in the paddock and we were good to go.  They are out happily grazing right now, and I'll bring htem in in a little bit.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2016, 01:13:58 PM »
Oh my!!  So glad they are all where they belong now!!!  Quite an exciting morning for you!!

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2016, 04:25:00 PM »
Oh Gosh! Were they all out all night?
live barn camera link:

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2016, 04:35:18 PM »
Oh Gosh! Were they all out all night?

Oh, no, nothing that dramatic.   I stepped over the short panel three panels down from the gap, opened the gate to their paddock so they could go out to graze, walked across their paddock to let Che` out of his stall, walked out the other gate to their paddock, turned around and there was Baybe on the loose, and then it dawned on me I forgot that last panel.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2016, 04:40:24 PM »
Ohh gotcha! Thank goodness!

Scares me to death when mine have gotten out, they got out one night and ran a muck all around our neighborhood! Thankfully when early morning came neighbors alerted me and I was able to get them all home safe and sound.... The crazy thing was when I realized how they got out it was a section of fence that was pushed into the pasture, never did figure out how that happened!
live barn camera link:

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2016, 04:48:11 PM »
We live in the sticks, our nearest neighbor is over 1/2 mile away, next nearest is my in-laws they are about 2 miles away. 
They did run half-way to the equipment yard out back, but were on their way back by the time I grabbed a halter.  Of course, Che`, being a stallion, had to run down to the saddle horse paddock and get into an argument with my APHA mare, boy did she hate him by her pen.  I really don't think some saddle horses get what minis are, even when they see them daily, the rest of my minis are pretty much B-size, but Che` is my smallest at only 31" tall  (Baybe is 32.5", his daughter from another mare is 33.25" and I think Tilly is about the same as Baybe).   [I have 9 at that 35-38" tall.]
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline Renée

« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2016, 03:47:02 AM »
I am glad Rainbow is back home and what a beauty Mr blue is!
Minis seem to be on constant lookout for an escape route, lol Mine always knew if I forgot to switch the electricity on to their fence.

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2016, 10:25:04 AM »
Moving slow this morning, but Shayne just called and said I have a foal. Gotta run.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2016, 10:44:24 AM »
I KNOW A SECRET!!!!!    8)