Author Topic: THE wedding - b4 it rained!!  (Read 1716 times)

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
THE wedding - b4 it rained!!
« on: June 05, 2016, 03:10:35 AM »
Well, they (our daughter and her new hubby) pulled it off!  It all came together nicely and OMG it was fantastically beautiful.  Due to the predicted weather (extreme heat/high heat index and then severe thunderstorms), the "kids" decided to change from the State Park between our two family's homes to the home of his mom (dad passed away).  This allowed the older folk in his family to be in the air conditioned house right up until the wedding and to eat in the house rather than outside after the ceremony.  Wish more of my family could have been here, but just wasn't going to happen... 

Don't remember exactly when Madira started dating Chad but she brought him home to meet us last June.  We already knew that he had 2 small children, a boy and a girl, and that he had custody of the them.  Then in January, during that really NASTY ICE storm we had, they came to meet with us and he did the "old fashioned" asking for her hand in marriage (made Larry cry!)...  We were in a bit of a quandary because we simply didn't have the $$ at the time to plan a wedding - I was a little upset/strained as I knew Madira (our "girly-girl") wanted a planned out, with a super extravagant wedding gown and PEOPLE type wedding (& in the very near future would have lots of other things hit us financially - which if they hadn't already been planning for doing this pretty much on their own, could have brought it all crashing down).  Good thing they understood and we all pulled together - the months of Feb/Mar/April would deplete the funds on our end almost down to zip...  But we rallied, I ended up working more hours after time off for out of state emergencies and then when the Union went on strike - Larry got lots of overtime.  We were suddenly able to help (quite a bit actually) BUT up until 2 days ago, Larry didn't even know if he'd get to "give his daughter away" himself! 

Well, Madira did most of the decorating (design) herself!  Again, it was beautiful but simple and relatively in-expensive in the end.  She gave up the idea of the extravagant dress (I thought I was going to have a heart attack when one of the other girls' said that the 1st dress she looked at was over $1,000).  Now, understand - Madira's just graduated from college - with a degree in Theater Arts and she ran the Costuming Department for almost the last 4 years!  Much of her degree is in Fashion Design and Sewing.  She can stretch a sewing budget all out of wack to get things done and still come in under budget.  While I knew she didn't want to actually sew her OWN dress, I was at a bit of a loss... 

She found the dress she eventually bought - on line.  I'm pretty sure it was about 2/10s of the cost of the 1st one.  She helped me find my dress on line - affordably.   I'm not sure where the "matched" bridesmaid's dresses were done at - locally or thru a store or ??  Not sure about the Groom's or "best man's" attire either.  Larry's clothes came from a combo of on-line and local JC Penney's and Belks...  I was soo busy and stressed while dealing with my Dad's illness and 75th Bday in TX and then my Aunt's (mom's twin sister) passing/funeral in IA and my leg SX and my MRI for following the growth on my kidney, that the wedding planning was all in the background and was SOOOOO glad it didn't really need me in it!!  Her two bridesmaids pulled the bridal shower together and it was really NICE and fun.  It allowed me to meet with Chad's mom - since I hadn't had the chance before that.  Then yesterday, at the Rehearsal Dinner, where we would be having the wedding, it was a similar feeling to what I felt when we looked at our new property.  It was a feeling of right, of belonging and the worry and doubt disappeared.  Chad has a rather large family!  I do believe that she has made a wonderful fit for herself (not quite the right way to say it but I have officially hit TIRED again tonight or should I say today??)...

Here are some of the pics I took - with my phone and not in any way professional.  I took many more - a lot of which didn't turn out.  The T-storms held off - just long enough to have the two areas set up, the wedding ceremony, all the pictures, the reception dinner, the first dances, the cutting of the cake and then it opened up...  and much of the dancing carried on IN THE RAIN...  The wedding couple leave for the Grand Canyon on the 9th of June and will be gone until the 13th.  I'm very glad that that two of them will be able to see some of our wonderful country...

Madira and her two bridesmaid's made - the corsages that the "men/groom's" party wore, the corsage bracelets Chad's mom and ( wore, the bouquets that bridal party are carrying, the bridal veil, the flowered rings on each of the girls' heads (not sure what those are called?), the table decorations, other decorations AND the wedding arch and I'm probably forgetting something!

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
Re: THE wedding - b4 it rained!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 03:17:39 AM »

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 03:28:45 AM »
I've never seen folks change clothes so FAST!!  And it was mostly the GUYS, not the GALS like I would have suspected.  Everyone in the wedding party EXCEPT for the Groom himself and Larry (my hubby, father of the bride) changed into very casual clothes!

I didn't get any pics of the guys in their dress clothes - will have to wait until the pro photos come in to see them. 

And then "Tears from heaven" fell down on us (in large amounts, actually!)...

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 07:12:09 AM »
Oh my!  The pictures look wonderful, and as usual, I love the way you tell a story -- we get to really understand the whole thing.  What a lovely wedding it sounds like it was -- and I enjoy the dancing in the rain!  Such fun!!

I never realized you had so much going on in your life.  You are one strong lady -- and to be quite admired for all your stamina in making things happen so wonderfully for your family!

Madira looks beautiful, and the children are so cute!  She sounds as talented as her momma in making things happen!  You must be really proud, you've done a wonderful job raising such a beauty!  The pictures are so nice, and it looks like everyone had a grand time.

Congratulations!!  I'll be praying for a safe trip for them!  The Grand Canyon is really something to see!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 09:01:09 AM »
So beautiful! Congratulations to them! Wishing for a life of health and happiness!

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 09:36:35 AM »
Lovely pictures.
It downpoured the day of my wedding, water leaked in around the Windows in the church rectory, and water was flowing about 3" deep across the street in front of the church.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 09:53:40 AM »
Thanks, all! 

I just had a great "down time" of 5 1/2 hours (I think?).  Slept hard, was sooooo tired.  First time in years, I've worn a dress for hours - 2 days in a row.  I didn't/don't do selfies - never liked them and most that I do simply don't turn out (hands shake that far away from me w/ no elbow support) - so I don't waste the time to "set them up".  No one else said they'd taken pics w/ their phones (1st time since they all got cell phones that I've seen my other children go so long w/o them in their hands!! - the two daughters, hubby/boy friend & granddaughters that followed us home seemed to be going thru withdrawal..., LOL...), so pics of me will have to wait until they arrive via pro photographer (who is related to the groom - a cousin, I think).

Wish I could name some of the folk that I have in my pictures.  I don't have many pics of other folk (most/all now related thru marriage) - but don't think I've ever met 40 + people in a 48 hour span!!  At one point months ago, I know that I made a comment to Madira that I would have no trouble remembering his Mom's name as that was/is my Aunt's (Mom's twin sister) name.  However, since my Aunt Sharon passed in April - for whatever reason ? - I struggle to remember Chad's mom's name.  I can't explain it at all...  :(
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 10:51:28 AM »
I feel like I was there!

What a beautiful wedding, thank you for sharing!!
Congrats!!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 10:56:15 AM »
At one point months ago, I know that I made a comment to Madira that I would have no trouble remembering his Mom's name as that was/is my Aunt's (Mom's twin sister) name.  However, since my Aunt Sharon passed in April - for whatever reason ? - I struggle to remember Chad's mom's name.  I can't explain it at all...  :(

Just speculation, but perhaps the trouble with the name is that at the moment while the loss is fresh, you are wanting to just remember your aunt, so your mind won't let you associate someone else with the name.   
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 02:06:51 PM »
Just speculation, but perhaps the trouble with the name is that at the moment while the loss is fresh, you are wanting to just remember your aunt, so your mind won't let you associate someone else with the name.   

Figures!

Here is the little dedication table Madira had set up on her "new" Mom's (Sharon) front porch showing the pic I was able to print out that morning that I took w/ my camera of my Aunt Sharon 4 years ago and Chad's dad - who passed away.  Wish I had known (didn't think about it) that she needed a frame as well...  sigh.  It is so pretty the way she did this!

Every one who went in/out of the house passed in front of this little display!
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 04:17:02 PM »
Very special for her to think about doing this on her special day!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 11:26:46 PM »
Wonderful Pictures Paula. Rain hail or shine , it looks like everyone had a great day :)

Offline Renée

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 03:12:12 AM »
Thank you for sharing, it sounds like a wonderful wedding and Madira looks stunning. She did so well to pull it all off, you must be so proud!

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 05:47:24 AM »
 :) :D ;D :)

Thank you, and yes, very proud!
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2016, 01:32:44 AM »
Madira shared her wedding pics from the photographer on her FB page.  She's now updated her name to Madira Jones.  If anyone wants to check them out, you can.  I haven't downloaded them yet so that I can share (not sure I can since they still have the watermarks on them?? I didn't ask the photographer how that would be done, myself).
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC