Author Topic: Tarot readings  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
Tarot readings
« on: June 01, 2016, 08:51:23 PM »
Dunno if anyone here believes in/cares for tarot. But i do. I tend to need signs.
[/size]Anywho. I drew my cards when i was asked to buy my ridden loan horse, and they all told basically said that i wanted to make a commitment, was ready for a new journey, but was afraid to because i might be deceived/hurt. My last drawn card was a horse.[/color]
[/size]I've been taking a very "hold off" approach cause i do NOT want to make mistakes again and end up with a horse i can't ride.[/color]
Just now i was talking to a tarot reader and i told her all my woes, and she asked me to draw a card from my deck. Guess what the card was? The horse.
She said, that even though this card means news is on the way, its a pretty clear sign.

A bit of history might help here - i came off my last horse, and really lost my mojo. I had to sell him cause i could not bring myself to ride. Then i got another one who was a mess....made me a mess..i basically gave up riding. Eventually i went back to lessons and after a few months started to part loan this lad, i now full loan him and have the option of buying him.

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
Re: Tarot readings
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 08:53:01 PM »
Not sure I believe in Tarot, but they always say you'll see the signs.   If it's in the cards for you, then you'll know if it's right.

Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 08:59:27 PM »
im always skeptical too but what are the odds that i draw the horse when my question is if i should have a horse lol

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 09:38:18 PM »
He is a handsome boy!!  I'd certainly lean in his direction.  Don't believe in Tarot, but do believe that we are given opportunities that we can step out and take, or walk away.  In this case, I think I'd try.  If it's not right, just be committed to knowing when to call it quits and find him a new home.  But you may have the time of your life, and this will be the right move for you!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 09:57:13 PM »
My biggest issue is that i have him stabled away from home, which costs a lot. I can afford it at the moment, but my job is not in any way secure. If i lose it, he can come here but i would REALLY struggle.

Im also afraid that i am favoring him over the minisand not working with them as much as i should.

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 11:02:37 PM »
Tarot - I've believed it a bit, and other times not.  It also depends who's doing the readings and how I actually feel about that person...  I haven't worked with it enough to use it alone - but know that you can do some strange things with tarot cards...  Tricky subject.

I DO believe that when one door closes, another usually opens.  I do believe in fate.  I do believe in happy coincidences.  I also seriously wonder about "bad luck" and bad things (or just events) happening in "3"s.

He's a pretty good looking horse.  I'm kinda agreeing with several here.  Have some other thoughts too, but falling asleep now...
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Ryan

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 11:07:40 PM »
Ive very much been in the same situation as you with a bad fall from a horse quite some years ago. i was only about 17 at the time and was riding trackwork for a racing stable in the area that I grew up in. At the time I used to ride the steeplechasers in slow work, which suited me fine. But as trackwork goes and in any industry it wasnt long before staff were calling in sick and I was filling in riding grumpy mares and 2yo's. I was at the time quite the confident rider until one morning I had a bad fall at the gap that lead onto the track. I wasnt seriously injured physically but mentally I took a fair bashing. I didnt ride for 5 years after that and began working in the hospitality industry and slightly moved away from horses.

As any horse person knows, when its in your blood , its very hard to walk away completely.

So flash forward another 7-8 years and having thought about getting another horse during this time, I knew it was time to start looking. After spending quite some time and trying a few horses I came across one that had been spelling for 3 years after retiring too slow from racing. What I liked about this horse was he looked and was built more like a warmblood than a thoroughbred. After speaking to the lady that owned him, I arranged to go out and have a ride on him. I knew he had just been pulled from the paddock and only ridden the one time before jumping onto him. The lady was lovely and honest and for some reason the horse took an instant liking to me. The only issue the horse had at the time was he was a little head shy and had been the entire time she had him. As she was working other eventers and lack of time was the reason she wanted to sell him. After riding him a few times i fell in love with him.

So i bit the bullet and decided to buy him. He was great, not once was I ever afraid of him , I took my time with him to gain his trust and once that happened his head shyness went.

I still have "Monte" to this day who is living out his part retirement in the back paddocks at home and will be 17yo this year. I only ever rode him around the paddock and out on the trails and he is the sweetest horse Ive owned yet. We still go for the occasional ride around home and he loves it.

I guess what im trying to say is that "Monte " was the horse that got me back into riding , even after my fall I instantly trusted him and have since the day I met him.

You will know when "That " horse comes along and if it feels right "Go for it"

I love all my horses 2 x biggies and 3 minis but theres no feeling quite like "going riding "

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 11:10:39 PM »
What a wonderful story Ryan.  And you're right, once horses are in your blood, you can never quite walk away!

It's all about "balance."  You can do it!  Just decide what you're hoping to accomplish with each -- should you decide to get him.  So, if it's showing the minis, you know how much you must do for showing.  Then, consider the riding as therapy 'just for you."  You can diversify, and still find time for both. You just need to set out what you hope to accomplish with your little ones, and what you're really wanting to accomplish with him.

We have great faith that you can take time to figure out what works best for you.  We have to have "lives" too, and if riding him gives you pleasure, than figure a way to work him into your schedule....just for your pleasure.  If you find yourself not spending enough time with the little ones, and it bothers you that you're not spending enough time, just adjust your schedule to accommodate both, or decide it wasn't the best idea, and find him a home.  But, spend some time pondering....there's no rush is there?  If not, just take the time you need to make the best decision you can.  Goodness knows, sometimes what we think is a good decision, turns out wrong.  But "no harm...no foul" as the saying goes.  You just make another adjustment and keep on going!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 11:59:24 PM »
I just love the sharing on this forum....each of us different yet united... I too think you will know when it's right, and look forward to your journey!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com