Author Topic: Rant  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
Rant
« on: May 31, 2016, 03:39:35 PM »
You don't have to actually read this but i just need to get it out. Probably doesn't even make sense lol

Grrr not sure what to do at the moment. Thriller and Banner get on okay, its more of a tolerance on Thrillers part. When Banner gets wound up though, he takes it out on Thriller and of course, being a stallion in spring with loads of mares about he is wound up. So for now, he is on his own. This leaves Thriller with the girls, which is where he loves to be, but now Charm has to come in at night and that really stresses her out. So if i bring them all in, Goldie has to be with Charm but is bullying her and kicking out so i don't feel safe with that any more. Thriller is now with Charm, but i can't stable Goldie and Banner in the same one (there is a division which works for Thriller and Banner, but would not for Goldie cause Banner CAN get over it if he wants)

SO at the moment, T+C are in the stable, happy as clams, Goldie is out screaming her head off and so is Banner.

I'm now trying to get some partitions to make a smaller stable in the large one so i can have Goldie and Charm back together, cause thats the only way it works. Ideally they would all be out but the grass is much too much and the only one who needs it is Banner - but of course, he runs it all off chasing everyone so i have to bring him in to feed him up!
 ??? :o

Offline Lnight89

Re: Rant
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 04:10:19 PM »
Oh man! Sounds like a stressful situation! I had a problem similar to this with my appys before I sold them and started with the minis. Only certain ones would go out or be with each other but luckily for me they were all huge stable lovers and wouldn't care when I needed to stall them to seperate. Hopefully you figure something out, good luck!

On a side note where you said " he will get over it if he wants" having never owned a mini before I just assumed they could only jump over tiny things. I built these cute half doors for their stalls before they came. They aren't even that little, 35" , well the yearly filling jumps right over them! I was really suprised how high these little.thibgs can go if they want. Needless to say I build new doors haha.

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 05:08:27 PM »
They can jump MUCH higher than a full size horse could jump i find! This partition is about 35" too. He doesn't bother with Thriller, but he has jumped it when Goldie put her ass to it once - that was fun!!!

So for now Thriller is in with Charm very happily. They are both eating the same hay net (they can't be more than 5 inches apart) Banner is going to be in the stable and Goldie, is just going to have to survive outside on her own. She is very tubby and could use the stress lol 

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 06:16:09 PM »
Vent whenever you need to!  We ALL understand, as we've all done it!  Sometimes these little ones are so frustrating, but it sounds like you've got a plan.  Now to have time to implement.  Sounds like a lot of changes are in the future, but have no fear, I'm sure you'll get it all done!!   ;)
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 07:46:28 PM »
I love a good vent/Rant :)

Understandably the way you are feeling at the moment.

Give Goldie and banner a little more time to get past the screaming , They may settle with a bit more time.

I love seeing the grass coming in spring but im also aware like you, it can be highly dangerous when too much is consumed :)

Offline Renée

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 04:00:40 AM »
Oh I totally understand where you are coming from. Every year I would have to pull the yearling colts out in Spring so Dad could "go to work" and it was a nightmare. Yes, these little dudes can jump!! I had to put the youngsters in my "big horse" stables at this time of year or move them up to the house so they were far enough away. A total pain in the neck cos I would have to take food and brushes and stuff backwards and forwards. Sending hugs your way!