Author Topic: Texas  (Read 15829 times)

Offline Carly Rae

Re: Texas
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2016, 04:52:08 AM »
Snickas got a new halter today, Tenae and I were naughty and went and spent 4 hours of our day at 3 different horse shops  :))

We originally went in to get Texas a little feed bucket, but we got that distracted and we ended up not even getting her one.

I think by the end of the day we had gotten 5 halters, 4 for me and 1 for Texas, a lead rope for Texas, a few brushes for Banjo and Texas, wormer paste for my minis, wormer pellets for Banjo and Texas, braid rubber bands just because they were cheap, a Training whip thing for when Banjo starts training... And like 5 syringes, because they were like 40 cents.

But the halter Snickas was wearing was originally $20, but they were reduced to $4.50! We were going to get all 8 of them, but we decided on getting 3. 2 for me and 1 for Texas. I have like 15 halters now.....  ;D
Willow, Kevin, Piper, Specter, Spider & Dashaspring

Offline Ryan

« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2016, 05:26:30 PM »
Very cool Carly :)

She has her mums beautiful face :)

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2016, 08:30:19 PM »
Thanks Ryan  :)

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2016, 09:50:04 AM »
How is the training aspect coming along? Does Texas still tap at the water line? (I got this info from another forum, but curiosity wouldn't let me not mention it! LOL)

Does Tanae come out to your place frequently? How much training experience does she have? Are you learning new and wonderful things from her or are you both learning together?
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2016, 05:47:05 PM »
Training is pretty good :) I've been trying not to overthink things when I work with them, its a lot easier :)
What do you mean by "Tap at the water line", do you mean like when she taps the water trough and plays in the waves?? If so, she still does it occasionally haha  :D But not too sure if thats what you meant.

Yeah, Tenae comes out every afternoon :) I think she knows a fair bit about training, more than me. She has worked on studs, she worked (Im not too sure what to call it) as someone who prepped Polo horses, and a few others. 
Sometimes we can stand in the pen with Banjo and talk for hours about training, grooming and anything on the horsey topic, and I have learned a fair bit about what she has said. I think some of the things I've talked about, about what I've learned off the forums, and out of my books interested her.

But yes, I have found some more information in my head just from chatting to her. And its so easy to talk when its on a topic your interested in!!  ;D

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2016, 08:09:56 PM »
Thats always the way! Ive learned soooo much in the past year its unreal. You know nothing until you know it.

« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2016, 08:33:49 PM »
Carly, you posted pictures on another forum of her sniffing and tapping an above ground water line when she was a wee sprite of a filly. I was wondering if she still did that, or any other "poking her nose where it doesn't belong" mannerisms. I know they're irritating, but they're also very funny!

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #127 on: December 24, 2016, 08:13:05 AM »
Oh! Well I dont think she really does much of that anymore with the water, although when she eats from her bucket she paws the ground while eating hitting her knee on the bucket.  :) I don't spend as much time with little Texas since she isn't mine anymore, although her owners have brought the rescue horse Banjo a very long way!.

He is doing fantastic! He is a big fatty now, out in the paddock with Texas and Snickas, he leads great, although catching is their main focus point at the moment, he can still be a bit timid when it comes to approaching him in the paddock to halter him. But he has come a LONG way, he picks up his fronts like a breeze, his back legs are still a working progress, his owner Tenae gave him a nice big hug around his neck and he almost fell asleep  :)

Today Tenae got given another rescue from the same place as Banjo. Long story, but she got him for free.
She got Banjo and the new horse from a organisation called "Last Chance Horses" and its pretty much this lady gets the opportunity to try sell the horses to people who will give them another chance at life before they go to the doggers. She has to set the price at the price of their meat value, which is around $300-$400, and she has a deadline, if she can't sell them they get slaughtered.

Since the horses are unhandled, skinny and require an experienced home not many people are willing to pay that money for one. Therefore people without experience, or just people who want to help, they contribute to the payment of the horse, making it cheaper for someone to buy it.

And pretty much someone generously fully paid for this new one, and Tenae said she will take him. So, now we have a new addition to the property. His name is "Ted" :) He is Timid, but he isn't as bad as banjo was when he first got here :)

Anyway, Ill add some photos too :)

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #128 on: December 24, 2016, 08:18:02 AM »
This is Ted  :)

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #129 on: December 24, 2016, 08:18:53 AM »
...And goofy Banjo now  :))

« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2016, 11:31:49 AM »
Silly Banjo, he likes to stick his tongue out just like me! LOL

I like Ted's face, quite a bit. He has a very noble and wise profile. Very sad right now though. I hope he gets to feeling better about things very soon. He looks like he'll make someone a fine and loyal friend after a bit of good feed and proper handling.

Are Banjo and Ted biggie horses? Ponies? They don't look to be minis, yet I could be wrong. Are they famous Australian Brumbies??

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2016, 09:50:06 PM »
Haha he sure does! And he LOVES to lick you!  :D

Ted is very curious, so sweet too. He is literally like a Teddy Bear! His owner, Tenae wanted to give him to me as a gift once hes trained as a "Thank you" for letting us keep her horses here. I fell in love with Ted as soon as I saw him, Tenae will have to sell him either way as Banjo is her main focus and she has 2 Walers to bring here from the other side of Australia plus little Texas. She got Ted primarily to save his life.

Yes, Ted and Banjo are biggies, well we think Banjo is a pony, the "Last chance horses" people predicted he had Welsh in him, but they weren't sure as he was malnourished, fluffy and in terrible shape at the time. But they are definitely not minis thats for sure lol  :)

I also did a little photo shoot for Tenae and Jesse with their little animal family :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2016, 06:09:23 AM »
VERY NICE!!!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2016, 11:11:52 AM »
You guys have put quite the "family" of equine together.

Ted looks like he'll develop into a really nice guy for you.  Love the family shot of Tenae, pretty nice!!
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2016, 05:32:07 PM »
Thank you both!   :D

Yes, our equine family has definitely grown! Between us we have 7 horses with one on the way with Willow hopefully  ;D Haven't had this many horses here since 2013!