Author Topic: Texas  (Read 15719 times)

Offline Carly Rae

Re: Texas
« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2016, 09:03:09 PM »
I tell a lie with Texas.
She in fact DOES have some annoyingly funny habits like with the water dish. Although today I found her out of her paddock (Definitely frustrating) She has become quite the little escape artist, but then I found her up against one of our fences rubbing her neck while banging her knee on the tin. It was an annoying sound but she was really enjoying herself  ;D

Willow, Kevin, Piper, Specter, Spider & Dashaspring

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2017, 09:13:24 PM »
<3 mine likes to dig in her water dish or any puddle she finds!

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2017, 03:51:18 PM »
Texas has turned 10 months old as of a few days ago. I dont have too many photos of her, but I did teach her to stand on a block with Kevin. I thought they were pretty cute so Ill post that photo  ;D

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2017, 05:20:58 PM »
That is cute!!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2017, 06:37:08 PM »
shes growing up so fast :)

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2017, 08:37:08 PM »
Just wanted to say that you've done a wonderful job with both of them Carly!  That is so awesome.

and they both look good.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2017, 05:00:18 AM »
I forgot to post that on the 19th (5 days ago) Texas turned 1 year old !!!!  ;D
Boy did that go so fast!

Unfortunately our time is up being together, Tenae and Jesse have found a house of their own with acreage for rent. Although Texas, Ted, Banjo, Wild boy and Stardust wont be living here anymore, I am very happy for them to have found a place.

Over the past 9 months of them having horses here they have been devoted to come out almost every single afternoon which is another 40 kilometers on top of their daily driving and long days at work just to see and work with their horses. I think they deserve to be able to come home and simply be able to walk out the back door and see their horses.

But they are only a 15 minute drive from me so I can go visit whenever I like. I have been advancing in my riding with Hot Shot and we are becoming quite a good pair, so one day in the future Tenae and I can go riding together.  :)

The first photo is Texas, the second one is Wild Boy and Stardust, third is Wild Boy, fourth is Hot Shot, Ted, banjo, Wild boy and Stardust.  ;D

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2017, 06:06:26 AM »
WOW~!  Hard to believe a year has passed.  Texas looks great, as do the others!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2017, 09:26:35 PM »
WOW i cant believe a year has passed, she has certainly grown up :)

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2017, 06:01:57 PM »
Since you haven't mentioned it much....will you be driving your birthday car down to Tenae's? Or will you get confident enough in your riding, that you'll trail ride over at times?  I'm sure you'll miss her, once she's gone to her new home. Will that leave you with just the four then? Willow, Kevin, Toby and Hot Shot? Oh, and can't forget the piggy...even though we've had no updates there. *hint, hint*
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2017, 04:46:18 AM »
Thanks!  ;D

Yes, soon I will be able to drive my car to Tenae's!  ;D Still have to book my driving test  :)

I don't think I'll be confident enough to ride Hot Shot to her place I still have so much to learn yet haha, but its almost impossible to ride there anyway because at the end of our street is a big bridge across the creek with not much room to walk and they wont put in a walk bridge  :(

Although I have walked Willow and Toby across into town, it makes people so happy to see little horses in our town because its not something you see very often; a girl walking her 2 ponies to the corner shop buying lunch haha.  :)

I will have 5 horses here, you got all names besides Snickas  :) But Toby is listed for sale, sadly. He is becoming a bit of a terror and we aren't set up for a stallion, we cant Risk Willow getting in foal again.

Oh I didn't know I didn't post about my pig! I re-homed her months ago, I found it nasty having her in a little pen with no piggy friends and only enough time to go in feed her, give her a quick hug and go, because I had been getting late home from school, and having 10 horses and 28 chickens to look after I didn't really have time to give her the love she deserved, but she went to a lovely family on 50 acres though  :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2017, 05:50:18 AM »
How nice for Miss Piggy.  You really had her best interests at heart, so KUDOs for your decision!!

Hope you can find Toby a good home, too.  Sounds like you have some good plans!

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
« Reply #147 on: May 03, 2017, 10:45:16 PM »
There is still gelding..if he dont need em dont let him have em. He will sell much better being gelded.. sure it may mean you pay more than you make but thats how it goes.

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2017, 02:08:23 AM »
I have thought over many times of what to do with him, and the way I see it is if I geld him I will only be selling him to get my money back from gelding him. Therefore I have no money to pay my parents back from Willow's vet bills and I cant get myself a saddle either.

And there's no point of me gelding to keep him because he will just stay in the paddock and do nothing anyway. He is also very aggressive with Hot Shot, he had actually broken through the fence and the next morning Hot Shot had a perfect bite mark on his throat, a cut across his rump and bite marks on his back legs. And he is the same to Kevin.

But its only early stages, I have had a few inquiries about him so far.  :)