Author Topic: Bliss: New filly for Chanda!!  (Read 27185 times)

Offline Ryan

Re: Bliss: New filly for Chanda!!
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2016, 05:41:22 PM »
Very cute , suits her perfectly :)

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2016, 07:22:37 PM »
Very cute , suits her perfectly :)

Thank you.  Now to find a lilac lead, or one with lilac in it.  Hard to find leads longer than 6' sized for minis.  I'm nearly 6' tall, so prefer 8' or 10', so they are long enough to reach down to the minis and tie around our posts (Shayne puts in railroad ties for fence posts).
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #152 on: November 22, 2016, 05:51:06 AM »
Chanda - what are your preferred colors?  Favorites, will blend/contrast w/ lavender/lilac, farm colors?

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2016, 09:46:12 AM »
Chanda - what are your preferred colors?  Favorites, will blend/contrast w/ lavender/lilac, farm colors?
All of mine have their own colored halters, some with matching leads, some with white leads I made from some rope I found.  I was thinking either all lilac or probably lilac and purple.  I found one on Horseloverz but don't want to pay their shipping for one item, I'm going to look when we ship calves in two weeks, there's a store like TSC down there.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2016, 08:14:23 PM »
Sent you a pm.

Shoot, not coming up with lavender.  Come close with a mix of pink purple & white in 2 different patterns, but not the same as lavender.  :(

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2016, 08:49:51 PM »
Here's the colors I'm coming up with - not sure which my supplier might have on hand...

So, no real lavender, but some colors that if mixed w/ purple & white MIGHT look sorta lavender?  Let me know.  2 strands of one of the first two, then 1 strand of purple and 1 strand of white? Or 2 & 2?  Dunno.  I'll check some more, see if I can find lavender.  This is just whom my farrier and I get cord from. 

I found a lavender, made in the USA and I can have it by Friday... 

Meant to send this private, oops - ended back out on the thread. 

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2016, 09:09:43 PM »
That's ok.
I like the Aloha.  Two of that, then one each of purple and white?  Second choice would be the country girl camo. 
Thank you.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline Ryan

« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2016, 09:11:46 PM »
My pick too :)

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2016, 09:26:57 PM »
Paula, the snap I've been using is on this lead, it does have a swivel.  I'm sure I bought it at our local ACE, but I can't find it on their website.  [my picture.]

One like this would work: http://p.globalsources.com/IMAGES/PDT/B1054210892/Rigging-Hardware-Brass-Swivel-Spring-Snap-Hook.jpg

I'm pretty sure the one I'm using looks like this one:  http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mK8EBzMkt2TFtAIKPfG8XtA.jpg

I just like them to be swivel and appropriately sized for minis (yet still strong enough for the minis, I know tall order).
Thanks.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2016, 09:53:29 PM »
Waiting for a reply back from my farrier as to what she actually has in stock.  Now that I've put those colors out there, if she doesn't have them, it may be a little harder to get them.  Hmm...  Jumped the gun a bit.  Hopefully I hear back from her tomorrow, know I won't any more tonight.

Most of the commercial mini leads, my ponies will break (but Koalah is a solid 497#s when not pregnant and in good weight).  I usually purchase mine from either Valley vet or Jeffers - the brass ones.  Not as low priced as they used to be but they do hold up well.  I've got one on hand, may be bigger than you like, though...

There are all of a sudden more USA suppliers now.  They weren't all out there just 3 years ago.  I found another supplier w/ the Aloha that I can get in smaller supply and still pretty quick.  Not by tomorrow, but...
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2016, 09:58:52 PM »
Waiting for a reply back from my farrier as to what she actually has in stock.  Now that I've put those colors out there, if she doesn't have them, it may be a little harder to get them.  Hmm...  Jumped the gun a bit.  Hopefully I hear back from her tomorrow, know I won't any more tonight.

Most of the commercial mini leads, my ponies will break (but Koalah is a solid 497#s when not pregnant and in good weight).  I usually purchase mine from either Valley vet or Jeffers - the brass ones.  Not as low priced as they used to be but they do hold up well.  I've got one on hand, may be bigger than you like, though...

There are all of a sudden more USA suppliers now.  They weren't all out there just 3 years ago.  I found another supplier w/ the Aloha that I can get in smaller supply and still pretty quick.  Not by tomorrow, but...
As long as it's not a bull snap, I'm sure it'll be fine (I think I have maybe ordered from Valley Vet or Jeffer's in the past, when I've bought snaps).   And, if the Aloha or Country girl camo aren't available, just purple and white, 2 and 2 would be great.
If it's not too small, can you use any halter hardware?  I have a halter's worth of rings and buckles with nothing to do with them. 
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2016, 11:11:41 PM »
Not really a close up shot.  This mare is 43/44" tall and is wearing a weanling size Clinton Anderson halter w/ one of my 4 strand lead ropes (2 purple, 1 black, 1 white strand).  Gracie is about 5-1/2 yrs old in this pic (just turned 6 last week).

I'll get some close ups  tomorrow - of the braid and the loop I make for putting on/removing the snaps.

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2016, 11:39:30 PM »
Looks great, and 10' is a great length.
I still don't get why people want 6' mini leads, except I guess for kids leading; cause you really can't tie with a 6' lead and an adult doesn't have much length to lead with if it's only 6'.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2016, 09:58:28 AM »
Well, didn't get the pics yet.  But had ordered the cord (Aloha, Lavender & Breast Cancer Awareness) and the box was picked up this morning.  I will have some different mixes of colors cut by tonight and start braiding. 

Once I have the different mixes done, will do pics of that by Sunday eve and should be able to send a lead rope off on Monday.

Here are the colors that I ordered:

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2016, 10:11:54 AM »
The sloths and lavender look like they'll go together.
Chanda
HC Minis