Author Topic: Bliss: New filly for Chanda!!  (Read 27203 times)

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
Re: Bliss: New filly for Chanda!!
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2016, 03:31:57 PM »
Happy birthday for the other day Chanda, apart form the trip to the vet , I hope you had a wonderful day :)
Thank you.  I did have a good birthday, despite the trip to the vet.   It was delayed, 3 days, but I finally got to have my frozen lemonade and cake on Sunday, and it was so good.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2016, 05:56:59 PM »
I'm so sorry, I think I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday.  Please forgive, but you know I wish you happiness and joy.

~~Diane
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2016, 07:29:09 PM »
I'm so sorry, I think I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday.  Please forgive, but you know I wish you happiness and joy.

~~Diane

No problem. 

I get to stock up hay pellets next week.  I was trying to figure out how to make time for the 150 mile one-way trip to TSC to pick up the hay pellets I like for Topper's treat toy, I buy 10-12 bags at a time, they usually last him about a year in his treat ball (I give him enough in his ball to make up his breakfast in the summer, and just a treat in winter).  Well, I talked to my Mom a week or so ago, and she needed to make an appointment with the doctor down there (podiatrist, she has a couple very bad ingrown nails, that need to be trimmed or possibly removed), and she asked if I'd drive her, so I said sure, but we'd have to take my pick-up, so I can fill it up with hay pellets for the ponies.  She'll likely pay for my gas and buy lunch, so win-win; and I get to spend the day with Mom, always good (although, she is a bit of a bad passenger).  Her appointment isn't til 1:30PM, so we don't even have to get up at the crack of dawn.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline Ryan

« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2016, 08:10:40 PM »
Glad you had a great birthday , and possibly a celebration lunch with your mum when you head into town to get the pellets and take your mum to the Drs.

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2016, 09:17:36 PM »
Happy belated birthday! Sounds like it will be a good day with your mom! Especially if she pays gas and lunch that's always the best haha

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2016, 08:43:30 AM »
Happy Belated Bday from me as well!  Glad that you got your cake and Frozen Lemonade. 

What big town do you go to?  It's been so long since I've been in that situation, I can't imagine only going "once in a blue moon"...  A couple of times, I've been to the feed store here more than once in 1 week.  Just seems so weird, LOL.

We did that when I was in Montana for groceries.  Dad (step) was retired Air Force and we'd go 96 miles one way to go to "the big stores" for shopping 1x a month.  Took coolers in the back of the truck to get meat at the Commissary and other perishables from both Commissary and other stores.  We got our feeds (at the time) at a feed store 9 miles from Mom and Dad's place.  There were other stores (at that time) in Shelby for incidentals/milk/bread - but we still did our major grocery shopping that 1x a month. 

Our food goes bad here in the humidity (even in the house!!) or stale or gets freezer burn PDQ.  It's just a totally different experience...  Ummmm...not sure where I was going with this.   ???   

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2016, 09:18:22 AM »
Quote from: paintponylvr link=topic=74.msg3244#msg3244
What big town do you go to?  It's been so long since I've been in that situation, I can't imagine only going "once in a blue moon"...  A couple of times, I've been to the feed store here more than once in 1 week.  Just seems so weird, LOL.

Not even that big of a town, we're going down to Sidney for a doctor's appointment, with the oil exploration they got a TSC 3-4 years ago, so I have access to their horse feeds and pet feeds.  And, they gained a good sized grocery store.  Otherwise still not much there.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2016, 10:11:18 AM »
And it's really scary!  Google had LOTS of pics of Sidney...  I miss Montana.  Some of those pics (plus the one of your boys) made it hard to see the screen.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2016, 10:23:26 AM »
Some of those pics (plus the one of your boys) made it hard to see the screen.

Too big?  I'm not sure I follow what you mean.

And, yes, very scary around Williston, only slightly less scary in Sidney and I won't be there alone, so that helps.  And, not as scary as Wolf Point has gotten to be (mostly after dark) the last several years (drugs and gangs have gotten very bad).
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2016, 03:50:57 PM »
Looks like she's slipped a few more stitches, at this rate, I think I'll only have one left to remove (the one that is caked with ointment and dirt, so that knot isn't coming undone).
Just a tiny little "bubble" in her lip, so I'm thinking I'll probably be the only one that will ever notice it.  Once the stitches come out, I'll get a picture and let you guys decide.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2016, 04:22:05 PM »
Sure thing!  I'm sure it will be fine!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2016, 08:12:33 PM »
Happy Belated Bday from me as well!  Glad that you got your cake and Frozen Lemonade. 

We did that when I was in Montana for groceries.  Dad (step) was retired Air Force and we'd go 96 miles one way to go to "the big stores" for shopping 1x a month.  Took coolers in the back of the truck to get meat at the Commissary and other perishables from both Commissary and other stores.  We got our feeds (at the time) at a feed store 9 miles from Mom and Dad's place.  There were other stores (at that time) in Shelby for incidentals/milk/bread - but we still did our major grocery shopping that 1x a month. 

Our food goes bad here in the humidity (even in the house!!) or stale or gets freezer burn PDQ.  It's just a totally different experience...  Ummmm...not sure where I was going with this.   ???   

I drive the 20 minute drive into town to our feed store and sometimes grocery store 2 times a day some days haha just today I was at the feed store twice lol

Hope that bliss is still healing good. She will be pretty even if she has a tiny bubble, she's so feminine and cute!

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2016, 10:58:38 PM »
I drive the 20 minute drive into town to our feed store and sometimes grocery store 2 times a day some days haha just today I was at the feed store twice lol

Hope that bliss is still healing good. She will be pretty even if she has a tiny bubble, she's so feminine and cute!

We usually only go to town every other week, but sometimes stuff comes up, like this last week; I was in town 3x in 4 days.   I live 65 miles from a decent town, about half of that is gravel.  [I only live 37 miles from the town my mom lives in, but there is only one tiny grocery store, one hardware store and a couple gas stations, and all are rather expensive, so we don't shop there much.]

Chanda
HC Minis

Offline Anna

« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2016, 05:19:19 AM »
Hey Chanda, think I must have been having a blind few days!  In spite of popping in here every morning for a quick read through, not only did I miss that you had had a Birthday - belated Best Wishes from me - I also missed the news about poor Bliss, bless her.  Hope the little sweet girl holds everything 'together' until it heals properly.  ;pray  Note to myself 'must pay more attention when reading through the threads!'

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2016, 09:25:44 AM »
I would definitely not go as often if I lived farther from town!  What I call town just has a grocery store a feed supply and a few little stores but that's all I need so :)