Message Boards > General Discussion

The reason for the Uks equine crisis

(1/2) > >>

Rocklone:
Is mainly idiots. Obviously. Banner is for stud and so far has one suiter. A man i know is looking a stallion, but the reply i got when i offered Banner was "he is too fancy for me!"

Surely the best stallion you can get is the best?!

Hes basically looking for a stallion that will be about £50 to buy just to have a foal that he can sell for £50...it doesn't make sense to me. Would you not rather buy a better stallion, breed a GOOD foal, and sell for a lot more!?!? ;pray

Chanda:
You would think so, but you find the same types in the US, too.

dcwolcott:
Totally agree.  To me, the idea is to always improve your stock, looking for the best that you can afford, to produce the best quality foal that you can.

But as Chanda says, there are the same type here in the US.  What is the saying.....you can't fix "stupid".  LOL

Rocklone:
no you definitely can not fix stupid!

Its just letting me down a bit. I was hoping for more mares, not for the money, but so that i could see that minis are not dying out. The shows are steadily getting less and less, because those who one aforementioned "crap" ones are not bringing them to shows cause the actual good ones are winning, and the people with good ones are very few and far between. I know three off the top of my head. If it doesnt pick up i will have to travel to ireland (over and hour away for me to get to the border, most shows are about an hour or up to three or four past past) and i could not really afford to

Chanda:
While I am only about an hour from Canada, so another country for me; I'm also an hour from the nearest grocery store in my country.    :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version