Author Topic: Sugars foaling 2016  (Read 8954 times)

Offline Renée

Re: Sugars foaling 2016
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2016, 03:22:01 AM »
That is great. She can now enjoy her privacy and not even now that you are watching plus you get to stay warm and comfy. It is so much easier to just roll over and check the monitor rather than having to get up and go out.

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2016, 08:37:12 AM »
Last night was definitely easier ! It's actually quite cute to watch them on the camera <3  she is still around the same as yesterday. It's chilly here today! Went from 90 degrees F two days ago to 43 F today! Silly weather .

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2016, 01:29:13 PM »
You can't tell from the picture very well, but sugars udders are really firm now. No waxing but can easily get a ton of milk out if I wanted.  Also she has red stripes like the second picture all over in there (started this morning) is that normal? My mares have always just gotten bright red but never looked like vessels like that.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2016, 05:48:27 PM »
I dont think you will be waiting much longer, and now that she has started to change colour inside the Vulva, Id be watching her like a hawk.

Best wishes for a safe foaling , which Im sure will happen for you on the weekend as I have a crappy internet connection at home and every monday when i get back to work, the big event seems to have happened.

So if Im not around, Bestest of wishes to you for a safe foaling  ;pray

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2016, 06:48:42 PM »
Thank you! I have our camper set up in our yard for the summer anyway So i think I'm going to sleep out here until she has it! Lol

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2016, 08:14:26 PM »
Watching is the key!  She's moving ahead nicely, so although it seems forever, it won't be.  And trust me, you're going to forget how tired you are, once that little one arrives safely!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2016, 09:12:17 PM »
Very good progress!!! She looks very close now!!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Renée

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2016, 03:23:45 AM »
I can't remember if sugar is a maiden or not, I tried going back through the thread but I couldn't find anything. Help!!  :P

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2016, 06:47:59 AM »
O, so exciting when a new foal is coming!!

I, too, wish you safe foaling and will keep Sugar in my prayers...
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2016, 07:27:35 AM »
I stayed up all night, still nothing! She's not maiden but I bought her pregnant so it's my first time foaling with her. Her old owner had 5 foal out of her and told me that normally sugar goes through all her progressions really fast and normally only bags up for a day or two and has the foal and is sneaky about it . Apparently she wants her new owner to have to wait longer haha I have been keeping a log of every change on every day incase I breed her again. That way I know what to expect and when next time :)

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2016, 12:41:50 PM »
Her belly disappeared, everytime I go out she shows a bit more progression. So hopefully one day soon! My original guess for her foaling date, that I picked the day after we bought her, was June 15th . Maybe she's holding him/her in so I can win the date guessing game haha

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2016, 12:52:07 PM »
Why not?  I'm hoping maybe that my Misty is still pregnant, and just holding out for a repeat performance of her last foaling which occurred on Father's Day.    If she is indeed still pregnant, I'll take a healthy foal anytime.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2016, 12:57:21 PM »
Exactly , I'll take the long wait and tired eyes with a healthy foal :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2016, 01:00:30 PM »
Yes, healthy foals is what we're all after!!  And remember, you'll have a great resource for next time, by looking at the pictures you've posted here.

So, some day...............when she foals..............we'll know for the future!!   :o
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2016, 01:03:33 PM »
Yeah! :) at least coming on here is keeping me sane while waiting! I was totally fine and patient , until I start seeing little signs , then the excite kicks in and time seems to slow down lol