Author Topic: Sugars foaling 2016  (Read 8948 times)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: Sugars foaling 2016
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2016, 09:46:13 PM »
You can not check too often!  The problem arises when you think you can take a break!  That's the time a sneaky mare can find herself in a world of trouble.  So, you're doing just fine!!  Keep up the good work.  It will pay off in the end, with the safe delivery of a healthy little one!!

KUDOS for being such a caring owner!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2016, 10:02:25 PM »
Thanks :D and that's exactly my thoughts.  She looks at me like "oh would you just stop checking me so I do stuff on my.oqn" every time I go in lol

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2016, 10:33:17 PM »
So I went to check her real quick before bed. The first vulva pi  was last night the second right now. It's changed a bunch.

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2016, 10:36:33 PM »
I was just seeing how she'd react to a tail wrapping ( my old mare hated them!)

Offline Ryan

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2016, 11:14:30 PM »
She looks great , I dont think you will have much longer till the big arrival.

How is she within herself, If your going a little crosseyed looking for changes , keep an eye on her behavioral changes. Standing in a position in her box / yard that you wouldnt normally see her frequent, bit grumpy ect

Good luck and best wished for a safe foaling :) 

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2016, 02:46:55 AM »
She's been super crabky and miserable for a few weeks and yesterday morning actually starting being more cuddly /friendly than normal letting my touch her udders and vulva and doesn't care. That's the only behavior change so far. I just check her because I couldn't sleep and her udder is even a bit bigger. Guess I'll be on extra watch from here on!

Offline Renée

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2016, 02:55:38 AM »
she looks great, kudos to you for her and her stall being so well cared for. She look squeaky clean  ;D
Looks like she is getting close so you are wise to keep an eye on her. These sneaky mares can be a real nightmare. My alpha mare was super sneaky and not 1 year did I manage to catch her foaling. She would wait for me to go pee or something and pop, out would come baby in all of about 5 mins!!! Do you have anyway of putting a cam up to watch her from the house ?

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2016, 05:26:04 AM »
My kids are at the age where they still think it's fun to clean stalls haha  and yeah I have been looking into the cameras because It would be so much easier , I just don't know what type to get for the most bang for your buck or how to go about setting one up. Do I need to run wiring out to the bane for the Internet ? I don't think my wifi would reach. ..

Offline Renée

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2016, 05:32:42 AM »
The first question is how far from the house is her stall? If she is close you can get a wifi cam that will hook up to your internet and you can watch her wherever you are. They are not expensive. Or most baby monitors will work.
If she is too far to get online you could watch her from home on a cam/ baby monitor. At least this way she won't know you are watching and you can stay in the warm.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2016, 05:53:20 AM »
She is definitely showing very positive changes, and with the change in her behavior as well, I wouldn't think you're going to have to wait much longer for this little one to arrive!

Praying for a safe and uneventful foaling!!   ;pray ;pray
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2016, 07:39:07 AM »
Yeah I'm going to go out today to look for cameras because I went out every 1.5 hours last night to check and km exhausted haha you guys with mutiple mares must be so tired! The barn is probably 150 feet back . The wifi works at mid yard so maybe I could get a wifi extender ? I will look into it today and find something! :)

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2016, 11:57:31 AM »
Barn camera bought :) just a baby monitor type one but at least I csn watch her all day/night from inside! I don't work so I'm normally home all day anyway, but at least for the nights now I can keep an eye on her from my bed! 590 ft range is says so it should easily work to the barn that's 150 feet :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2016, 04:00:13 PM »
Sounds good.  I hope it works perfectly, but don't forget to watch it!  LOL

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2016, 04:41:46 PM »
Yeah!  Lol

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2016, 11:43:51 PM »
So much easier to watch ! Glad you found one that works!!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com