Author Topic: 2022 projects and available pieces...  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
2022 projects and available pieces...
« on: February 08, 2022, 08:08:39 PM »
First new piece of 2022.
It's 50x60" and will probably be $75 plus postage.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: 2022 projects and available pieces...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 07:58:03 AM »
Beautiful !!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 08:15:34 PM »
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 09:09:45 AM »
You're welcome.  I may have to purchase this one, too.  The girls are growing up and one of them (Jon's daughter, Juliette) is into the LOVE horses phase, so it might be just perfect for her.  I'll have to think about it. 

Juliette is now in middle school and playing softball and volleyball, and brother, Jase is gearing up for little league starting in about 2 weeks.  Katy's daughter, Rachel, was solicited to join a new softball traveling team that I guess is pretty special, having teams across the country.  Her games are live-streamed on a phone app called "Game Changers" which lets us watch in Florida while the games are in Texas right now.  She had a 5 game tournament 2 Saturdays ago, and Grandma faithfully watched all 5.  Brother Joshua is taking tennis lessons and on the tennis team at school, but nothing we can watch yet.  Tommy's kids (little Tommy and Jack) are more into music right now than sports, although Jack is on a rowing team - the Sarasota Scullers Youth Rowing Team -- and they will start having some events soon.  Jack is in the Middle School group, but going to high school in the fall and he's very excited to be moving up.

Take care of yourself and stay warm.  We've had some pleasantly cold weather, and beginning Sunday we're supposed to have some more that I'm looking forward too.  Headed to Disney World tomorrow for just an overnight to see their 50th Anniversary night shows.  That should be fun. 
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2022, 11:03:02 AM »
Made the baby quilt for a friend's first grandbaby, but wanted to share it.

The strip quilt is a work in progress.   I bought a box of fabric at a sale, and it had some pre-cut fabrics with no patterns, so I just started sewing, cutting and arranging.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2022, 11:15:32 AM »
that's a lovely baby quilt.  Beautiful colors and pattern.

And the strip quilt is beautiful, too.  You have such a way with colors and patterns.  I wish I could "see" in my head like you do.  Both lovely!

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2022, 12:26:43 AM »
that's a lovely baby quilt.  Beautiful colors and pattern.

And the strip quilt is beautiful, too.  You have such a way with colors and patterns.  I wish I could "see" in my head like you do.  Both lovely!
Thank you so much.
The "ugly" quilt isn't so ugly after all.  ;)
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2022, 05:13:02 PM »
I don't know if anyone other than myself and Diane look at this section, but I'll put this up here first, before I go anywhere else with this offer.
I've been calling this "the ugly quilt".   I bought a 4 boxes of fabric at an estate sale, picked the four with colors and prints I liked, didn't look much further than that.  When I did look at it, it was pre-cut pieces of fabric, but no patterns; so I took a pile of strip cuts and sewed them together, made a couple cuts, rearranged and sewed them together again.  Ended up with this interesting piece, about 60x72".  [I just finished quilting it, very basic to hold it together.  And, I'll be binding it shortly.]  All told, materials cost me about $40 (fabric averages about $12/yard retail these days, only the backing is a single piece that didn't not come from the boxes, and the batting in the middle is new).   Shipping is about $15 to anywhere in the US (I know we have a few out of country members, but shipping would be like $40-50 probably for out of country, so I would prefer to only ship within the US).
Here's the deal...   Make me an offer on this quilt, you'd be paying the offer price plus $15 s/h.   [It would be nice if the offer was over $40, but it does not have to be.]    I'll give it a few days for members to see this.  Pretty much first offer gets it.   If no one is interested, I'll probably offer it on FB.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2022, 10:21:49 PM »
working on these baby quilts for a neighbor who going to be a grandma soon to twins.
I have the tops done now.  They are smaller, since I made two.
Will be layering and quilting them soon.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2022, 10:12:21 AM »
OMG!!  They are so cute and colorful!!  And such cute little animal patches in the blocks!  Stunning, just how I would expect your work to be!

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2022, 07:31:59 PM »
OMG!!  They are so cute and colorful!!  And such cute little animal patches in the blocks!  Stunning, just how I would expect your work to be!
Thank you.
The fabric came as animal patch.   The mom to be likes horses, so I thought it would be cute for baby quilts.   
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2022, 10:31:35 AM »
Just finished quilting this lap/couch quilt, I used some left-overs from my niece's graduation quilt (the music fab and the blue).   I didn't have enough pieces for lay-out when I took the picture, was just considering options at the time, it does have a full blue border around the outside, the binding will be grey.   Had a bit of trouble with puckering and waves, but quilted it into submission.   The back is a charcoal grey/black tonal.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2022, 02:39:31 PM »
How lovely!!  So, sitting in the recliner size with cats on my lap?

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2022, 05:08:37 PM »
How lovely!!  So, sitting in the recliner size with cats on my lap?
Possibly, I can measure, as I haven't measured since before I added the last couple borders.
This is roughly the size of most I make.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2022, 08:48:12 PM »
Sounds very encouraging!!  Last month I treated myself to a Steinway Grand Piano.  The baby grand I had needed to be restrung after so many years (it was built in the 30's) and my piano turner was able to do the work, but I wasn't able to afford having it done.

After about a decade, after I sold my mom's house, I finally had the money to have it done, and I contacted the tuner.  She didn't do the work anymore, but gave me a heads up of a piano company that had new and used pianos.  Well, I treated myself to a used Steinway Grand and I'm having a ball playing again.  I started with lessons when I was a toddler (almost 3) and took lessons through college.  I played for all the schools, the county groups, and many churches over the years, and was really sad when I couldn't play.  I had gotten my old piano in 2001, and hadn't been playing for a long time since it needed work.

Now, I'm back playing which is doing my psyche.  My really old upright Grand Piano I had given to my son Tommy and his family when I bought the old grand as a "step up", and I gave Jon (one of the twins) my mother's old spinet, so 2 of my 3 sons have pianos.  This one will ultimately go to the other twin Ben.

But seeing the quilt just made me smile!!  I'm giving piano lessons to little Tommy (age 15), so who knows, it might wind up with him!!  Let me know.