Author Topic: 2021 - just checking in...  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Ryan

Re: 2021 - just checking in...
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2021, 05:12:35 PM »
Been busy getting ready for winter here , not that we really had much of a summer. Compared to last year with record hot temperatures, this year was also a record with the coldest summer in over 40 years. Ive got more grass in the paddocks than I've ever had at this time of the year. Hay delivery will be here in about 3 weeks, which will hopefully see me out until the end of the year. Ive had no luck looking for a new horse to ride. Everything I like seems to be about 14 hands :)

Life has returned to somewhat normal here. There are now no restrictions here currently with coronavirus. International travel has just opened here too.

How are you all going ? :)

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2021, 10:58:36 PM »
Good to "see" you Ryan.  Glad to hear you are well, sorry riding horse shopping isn't going as you hoped.
Doing well, as you know we are just coming into spring/summer.  We are busy calving, much better this year than last.    Hay is still crappy, but we are prepared and supplementing, which seems to be doing the trick.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2021, 07:31:26 AM »
Good here, too.  Sorry you haven't found a riding horse yet, but I'm sure you will as things continue to open and get back to normal there.  Florida, of course, is open for just about everything, so much is back to normal here, too.  We're getting into our rainy season, so I wish it would rain more at night instead of the day.  But better than the drought or hurricanes.

Glad you're back!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'