Message Boards > Foaling Questions & Help

HCMinis 2021 Foal potential...

(1/8) > >>

Chanda:
Cross your fingers, your toes, your nose; whatever you cross for luck, and say a little prayer.
I'm trying to give Che` a little hand covering Baybe in hopes of a foal for next year.    Being he's in his mid-twenties, he may very well be shooting blanks now. 
I was so hoping when I bought him his own mare, only 2" taller than him, that he could get the job done on his own, but he gives whole new meaning to hand breeding, and in 6-7 years she's been here he's missed the spot every year, when left to his own devices. 
Shayne spotted him giving it the old college try in the pasture, so for the last two mornings, I've tried hand breeding.  Yesterday, was a failure; but I think we hit the mark at least once today. 
I didn't notice when Baybe came in, so no idea how far into her cycle she may be, but we'll try every morning til she goes out.   
Yes, I know it's typically every other day, but since he misses more than he hits, I think we'll be ok with trying everyday.
Oh, and as long as you are praying; pray for a colt that doesn't have his daddy's issue, so I have a chance at a stallion to cross on my Topper fillies.

elizabeth.conder:
I hope you get the perfect colt!!!

Chanda:

--- Quote from: elizabeth.conder on July 14, 2020, 10:04:39 PM ---I hope you get the perfect colt!!!

--- End quote ---
Thank you.

Perfect would be buckskin tobiano (he's silver buckskin, she's red tobiano), but I'd be happy with alive and healthy.

If it happens it would be Che`s second foal, as he does have an 11 year old daughter from a 35" mare (his only foal, her only foal).    We managed to get it done with hand breeding.  I tried another similar size mare, but she never caught with him (she red bagged with Topper, and I didn't catch it in time).

dcwolcott:
You know I'm praying for that perfect  Buckskin Tobiano you've been waiting forever for!   ;pray ;pray ;pray

Chanda:
Thanks Diane.
I don't remember how we got it done with Caddy, but we got Dolly out of the combination, so he was fertile back then, and with help got the job done.  Unfortunately, there's been nothing since.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version