Author Topic: Guess who? It changed  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
Guess who? It changed
« on: June 14, 2020, 02:05:51 PM »
 :-[ I am a six year old stallion.  I am registered AMHA/AMHR/FBR (Fallabella Blend Registry.) I will be moving to North Carolina within the week.

Who am I and what is my job???
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
Re: Guess who?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 04:51:44 PM »
No idea who he is, but handsome fellow.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 12:48:48 AM »
Thank you, Chanda.  One of his jobs is to help me feel happy again. 🥰

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 10:17:04 AM »
Thank you, Chanda.  One of his jobs is to help me feel happy again. 🥰

I get joy from all my animals, but Tilly puts a smile on my face very day.
This is Tilly, if you do not recall her: 
Chanda
HC Minis

Re: Guess who? It changed
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 12:20:52 AM »
There was an issue with shipping, so Lil Red didn't get to come to NC.

Instead, SCHF El Tejano El Salvador came here.  He is not registered, however, since AMHA is allowing hardship registration, he's going to get this fancy name in AMHA.💖💖

I wish they'd let us do temporary to permanent (like they do with regular registrations), to hold a registration slot.  He's a 01/01/2017 colt, so I will have to wait two more years.😬 What if they've closed hardship registry by then??😬

He came to me with the name Tex because his white spot over and behind scapula on right side resembles the state of Texas.  I fancied it up by changing it to Spanish.

Tejano is pronounced Tay-HAH-no. The El Salvador means The Saviour.  I gave him that because he makes me feel happy.  I look out my window and see him, and I smile and smile and smile!!

For the first time since I lost Lucky in 2017 and my marriage went on the rocks, I feel well and truly HAPPY. 😊☺☺😊

It's been a real blessing, since his arrival on Saturday 27 June.  I saw his ad posted on Craigslist, it had been up 12 minutes.  I called the young lady, who turned out to have the same name as my daughter.  I asked a few questions and told her about the home I could offer.  She asked me a few questions, then told me about him.  The more she told me, the more I liked what I heard.  I asked if I could drive down to see him on Sunday, then jokingly said "in all honesty, I'm tempted to ask if you'll just bring him up to me." She replied "send me your address so I can see how far away you are."  Then "click" she hung up.  I called her right back and told her I was only joking, to which she responded, "no I'm serious. Send me the address."  I did, she told me "we're BOOOORED.  You're only 90 minutes away, we'll bring him now."  She and her friend brought him right to me.  She also scored the seat from my porch swing, because I wanted to replace it with a more heavy duty one.  She was very pleased to have it and I was just as pleased to see it go.😉😉

Sooo....here he is!  I bought a horse sight unseen, and I LOVE HIM!!😄😍😍😂😂😂

He is very VERY naughty.  He is a spoiled BRAT.  He bites.  He rears on the lead when he's frustrated.  And he's the SMARTEST ANIMAL I'VE EVER MET, bar none.

I've a half-dozen stories about him already.  When my daughter comes by Wednesday, I'm going to have her help me set up an area to film his whole training process.  He's going to have his own youtube channel, since so many people live vicariously now.  He's going to be an ambassador for both the breed and my micro-farmstead.

The last thing I have to say is this prayer:

;prayDear God,
          Thank You so very much for blessing me with Tejano.  Thank You for touching Shawna's heart, and moving her Spirit to bring me this blessing.  I'm so grateful she was obedient to that movement.  I thank You for her contacting me yesterday to share how sad she felt-even crying-when she cleaned out his old stall and run, so that I could reassure her that Tejano is well and truly loved.  I thank You for saying "No" to my prayers to remove my desire and love for horses from me.  I recognize that receiving Tejano is a blessing, and a blessing that needs to be used to Glorify You.  I will do so at each and every opportunity.  I thank You that Gonzalo has accepted him so easily.  I thank You for the gifts You gave me today that will allow me to make a fancy stall for him.  I thank You Lord, so very gratefully and humbly. AMEN     ;pray

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 12:26:52 AM »
Another because that's the way the system wants it....

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 12:39:29 AM »
The above photos are posted that way because it's the only way the system would do it.  Those are the sales photos taken by his previous owner, Shawna.  My own photos are too big, and it's late (I have to be up in 4 hours 😱).  I'll resize them from my laptop and try to post them later.

Until then.....

Wheeeeheeeheeeheeeheeeeeeeeeee!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 01:21:47 AM »
Congrats!
Chanda
HC Minis

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 06:45:54 AM »
Thank you Chanda!  Yes, I remember sweet Tilly.  Your introduction of her is kind of what reawakened a desire in me to have a mini donkey or mule.  I live so close into town though, fear of braying bothering the neighbors prevents me from participating.  I do so want to caress her cheeks and whisper sweet nothings in her lovely long ears though!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 09:25:39 AM »
Congratulations, too!  Cute boy!  Hope he learns his manners quickly for you!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2020, 08:16:02 PM »
Congratulations Julie :)

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2020, 09:00:17 PM »
Thanks everyone!

Tejano is a riot, in the very best way.  Here he is after the witches rode him through the mud the other night.  If you look closely, you can see where they left one hand-holding knot in his mane.  ::)

I haven't gotten him started in harness yet, even though I've a lovely new harness from Chimacum Tack stashed under my bed. (Where it's ever so easy to get to and use out in the barn!  😂)

I've also attached one of how he greets me many mornings.  🥰

He's been training himself, too.  At night, before I go to bed, I walk the dogs to the back corner of the property. I tell them to "go peepee" and "go potty" so I don't have to be up in the middle of the night.  Tejano didn't want to be left out, so he learned "go peepee" on his own!  Now, I'm working on getting him to understand "go potty".  I know he'll get it right away once I can time the cue with the action.  My timing has been off because I can't get to him quickly enough when I see him going.  I know we'll have it down soon though.

He's doing well, I love him to pieces, and he's learning to be careful when walking with me while I use my rolling walker. He'll be ready to do community visits....whenever our community opens back up for things like that next spring. Maybe?

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2020, 08:52:56 AM »
Such a cute story about "go peepee" and Tejano!  My dog, Alphi, goes on command too, much better than my children did when they were little!  So cut Tejano took it upon himself to not be left out!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2020, 08:33:28 PM »
Well, isn't that just special.  The other pictures didn't post.😤

Let's see if this one, of him trying on his Christmas present works.

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2020, 08:42:26 PM »
Yeeesssss!

This is his Whiteman Harness from Chimacum Tack.  It came with two girths, the longer one is perfect for now, while he's out of shape and in winter coat.  The other will be just right for the summer!  I did try his bridle and the breast collar too.  The driving bridle I just checked fit.  I'll start him in it a few weeks.  For now I'll use the open bridle.

He walked around nicely and lunged a bit.  He did very very well for his first time being harnessed!  The only scooting around he did was when we walked past his normal grazing spot and I didn't let him  graze.  He *almost* started his typical bratty rearing, but it's so funny   watching his wheels turn wheels when he remembers-and weighs the price-of having to work hard if he does.  He decided it wasn't worth it to rear.

Gaahh...I LOVE  this little horse!!!