Message Boards > Foaling Questions & Help

The Palms 2020/2021 Line up

(1/3) > >>

Ryan:
I have two TBs due at the very end of 2020 and possibly ................ wait for it.............. two minis (due early 2021)

I have one currently in season and in with a lovely stallion that I have borrowed from a friend (they have been very busy over the last 5 days). The other mare is due back in season shortly, this is if I haven't missed the boat. I really wanted to wait till as late as possible due to the weather we have been having of late.

Both of my mares have always been very different when they come into season. One has always been very obvious, the other not at all. Well.... when a new stallion comes along isn't it funny how that changes. My little pinto mare was an absolute surprise, I was ready to call the vet to get her a PG shot, when she came into season straight away and she has become quite fond of the stallion. 

Ill keep you posted , this could be quite a long thread :)

dcwolcott:
We're very happy with all this news!!!!!!

And we'll welcome a LONG thread, since we'll be waiting for "arrivals"  !!   ;D

Ryan:
The mare I thought would be really receptive of the stallion is being really weird towards him. 3 Days ago I could have sworn she was in season, winking , squatting , weeing on him, but she refused to let him mount her. I took the other mare out thinking it may help but all the signs of her being in, disappeared.  I could hear squealing this morning and doing everything she was the other day but she seemed to go cold when he wanted to mount her.

Is this normal ? Usually when any of my mares are not in season, the stallion knows to leave them alone.

This little mare in question will not leave his side. Do you think I should separate them for a few days. If my calculations are right Ella usually comes in the week before Xena, which would be next week.   

Anna:
Sorry Ryan, no help I'm afraid. Mares are often a law unto themselves as far as I can see. No chance that she is already pregnant but still showing a false season? Hope you can get them sort as, like Diane, I'm really looking forward to a 'long' thread!

Ryan:
Thanks Anna.

I don't think so, but anything is possible. I am going to separate her from the stallion tonight when I get home from work. Ill put her in with the other mare and see if she comes into season sometime next week.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version