Author Topic: The Palms 2020/2021 Line up  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Ryan

The Palms 2020/2021 Line up
« on: February 27, 2020, 08:07:51 PM »
I have two TBs due at the very end of 2020 and possibly ................ wait for it.............. two minis (due early 2021)

I have one currently in season and in with a lovely stallion that I have borrowed from a friend (they have been very busy over the last 5 days). The other mare is due back in season shortly, this is if I haven't missed the boat. I really wanted to wait till as late as possible due to the weather we have been having of late.

Both of my mares have always been very different when they come into season. One has always been very obvious, the other not at all. Well.... when a new stallion comes along isn't it funny how that changes. My little pinto mare was an absolute surprise, I was ready to call the vet to get her a PG shot, when she came into season straight away and she has become quite fond of the stallion. 

Ill keep you posted , this could be quite a long thread :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: The Palms 2020/2021 Line up
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 09:09:32 AM »
We're very happy with all this news!!!!!!

And we'll welcome a LONG thread, since we'll be waiting for "arrivals"  !!   ;D
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 04:48:28 PM »
The mare I thought would be really receptive of the stallion is being really weird towards him. 3 Days ago I could have sworn she was in season, winking , squatting , weeing on him, but she refused to let him mount her. I took the other mare out thinking it may help but all the signs of her being in, disappeared.  I could hear squealing this morning and doing everything she was the other day but she seemed to go cold when he wanted to mount her.

Is this normal ? Usually when any of my mares are not in season, the stallion knows to leave them alone.

This little mare in question will not leave his side. Do you think I should separate them for a few days. If my calculations are right Ella usually comes in the week before Xena, which would be next week.   

Offline Anna

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 04:16:36 PM »
Sorry Ryan, no help I'm afraid. Mares are often a law unto themselves as far as I can see. No chance that she is already pregnant but still showing a false season? Hope you can get them sort as, like Diane, I'm really looking forward to a 'long' thread!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 05:33:57 PM »
Thanks Anna.

I don't think so, but anything is possible. I am going to separate her from the stallion tonight when I get home from work. Ill put her in with the other mare and see if she comes into season sometime next week.  ;D

Offline Ryan

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2020, 07:10:26 PM »
I managed to hand breed the mare that wouldnt stand still for the stallion. We managed to do it twice at the end of her cycle.

The other mare is due back in season next week. If she does not come back in, I would think she has taken, but Ive also left it way too late in the year.  . Daylight savings finishes in a couple of weeks, so now to sit back and wait for their winter coats to drop and hopefully Ill have some good news at the end of the year  ;pray :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 08:21:19 AM »
Good deal!  We'll await hearing the results!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 06:39:48 PM »
I turned all mine out together for winter , putting the girls back in with my boys. Neither of the girls have come into season , so lets hope at least one of them may be pregnant  ;pray :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 07:04:53 PM »
That's good news and I can't wait!!

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 10:02:59 PM »
If that grey is the stallion, he looks nice...from the tiny picture that I can see on my cellphone. :P

I'm glad to see you have some plans for foals.  Hope is always a wonderful thing to have, no matter the cause of it. As infrequently as I come to this, my favorite website....I'm truly grateful that the good Lord has blessed us with Diane so that we can all enjoy and support each other and our horses.

Also, though I appreciate seeing the stallion, where are the mums to be?? I only saw one chestnut TB hiney! :o
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 07:00:03 PM »
Sorry this is the most recent photo on my phone :)

Winter coats are growing like crazy !!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2020, 06:06:13 PM »
Here are better Pics of the girls. Little Pinto is Zena (named Rexina before I got her) and the Chestnut is Ella. Ella is very timid. She came from a large breeder of miniatures and I dont think she got any handling at all as a young horse, only when it was time for feet to be done. She has had one foal that I know of. Zena is a Maiden. Both are 15yo.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 06:41:45 PM »
PRETTY girls!!  And I have my fingers crossed for next spring!!

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2020, 01:23:42 PM »
Thank you Ryan.  Looks like the stallion will fancy up the top lines a bit, while leaving you with good balanced minis.  I can't wait to see them!

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2020, 10:44:41 PM »
Hellooooooo.....Ryyyyyan!😁😁

So, what's the update?  Are we going to be Aunties to a couple of Christmas TB babies, and Easter mini babies??