Message Boards > General Discussion

new computer

(1/4) > >>

Chanda:
I had to get a new computer, since my old one was Windows 7 and they dropped support last week.   
So far, I hate it.  My monitor I was using wouldn't hook up to the new tower, so I had to pull an older, dinky monitor out of the closet.
It seems to be much slower, it's like being on dial-up again.
If you don't see me much, you'll know why.

dcwolcott:
I know I'm headed in that direction, too. I've been working with my IT guy for over 2 months trying to keep this computer functioning. It was especially difficult while I was writing the federal grants as it was giving me multiple fits per day!  Since I know it's not that old, I hope to keep hobbling around.  I like this computer, and know all the "ins and outs" of it, and don't want to learn new programs.

Mine, too, has windows 7, which I love, and although I've worked on Windows 10, I hate it, and really don't want to be forced to use it.  Don't have the $$ to buy all new equipment right now, maybe in a few months, so l keep "petting" this one and telling it what a good computer it is....  LOL

Chanda:
I'm on my kindle.  I have a nasty cold or the flu, I feel rotten, and I'm achy all over.  I haven't felt like being upright, so haven't done much with the new computer.
This time I got a refurbished computer, so cheaper, but I'm not sure yet if it was a good idea.

dcwolcott:
Well, I'm praying for your recovery.  There is nothing good about the flu or a cold, and with all you do, neither sounds like anything you need.

Get well.  Take care of yourself, and worry about the computer later.  Rest! ;pray ;pray ;pray

Chanda:
I'm trying to rest as much as I can, just wish I could figure out how to bookmark this page, so I don't have to search for it every day.
I able to survive chores for the most part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version