Message Boards > Foaling Questions & Help

HC Minis 2020 line-up...

(1/22) > >>

Chanda:
Turned Topper out with 4 mares today: Sophia, Misty, Tana and Bonny.   And, I think three might be in right now; cause they were squattin', winkin' and driving him nuts today.   :o ;D

Refresher:
Topper - Bay son of Buckeroos TopCat, so he's a Buckeroo grandson.

1.  Sophia - grey mare, daughter of Lucky "C" Farms Robby with Blue Boy on her bottom side.   No testing, so I'm not sure what she is under the grey; but Robby is palomino.  I'd have to look up other info.
2.  Misty - silver dapple mare - dam to Junior who was sold as a two year old
3. Tana - silver bay dun mare with appy characteristics: dam to Monte and Spotty.  [Monte - grulla, Spotty - bay blanket appy.]
4. Bonny - double cream mare (not sure which double cream, but highly suspect smoky cream, so two cream on black base):  dam to Manny and Bliss.  [Manny - smoky silver black gelding, Bliss - silver buckskin filly]

I contemplated turning Bliss out too; but when I moved Topper into the adjoining pen so they could sniff and get to know one another a bit more before turn out, she was a total pain in the behind, so I decided not to risk it.  Topper's in with the mares, and Bliss is in the small mare pen.
And, Belle and Dolly are in Topper's usual pen, so they are out of the way.

dcwolcott:
Sounds like an exciting spring for us all! 

COME ON TOPPER!!!

Chanda:
Oh, forgot to include:
Bonny is a Buckeroo granddaughter.
Tana is a granddaughter of Hilltops Little Vegas.

Chanda:
Ok, so now I'm not sure who is in heat; I saw 3 mares winking and squatting for him yesterday after I turned him out; but this morning he was servicing the fourth mare (which I think may be his favorite mare).

Guess I'll put the info here, as it'll be as accessible as my calendar.
Looks like Misty may be in heat today: July 30, 2019.

dcwolcott:
Leave it to a horse to be confusing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version