Message Boards > General Discussion

It's me again!

(1/10) > >>

Anna:
It's 11.02pm here and I'm not too sure of the time scales world wide, but I'll say it anyway ........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANE - I hope you have a really fab day. Any special celebrations being planned?

I cannot believe that I last posted here somewhere during the summer of '16! Naughty me!! I seem to remember that we as a family were gearing up for g/daughter's wedding. Well she duly got married at the beginning of September '16 - a brilliant day, so much fun and I got to meet up once again with many old friends from some 20 years before. Two days after her first anniversary a little boy put in an appearance, so he will be two this September and is a right little pickle - you would love him Diane! Do you remember that picture I posted once of my young g/son Kyrian with a little bay foal? Well Kyrian is now 10 and of course we still have the filly - who happily spotted out like her Mum. We don't breed anymore, Cathy is too busy and I'm just too old to be sitting up all night with mares plus all the stable work involved - very little energy these days! We still have some 22 mares roaming the fields, just being horses, and Ansel, Spotbum and Dragon are still with us. I've lost a few special friends over the past few years - little Heidi, Chapella and my sweet boy Mootie (Colonel Mustard) to name a few. But old Censored battles on, now 29 I think this will be her last summer as she does have difficulty in keeping the weight on. Very full of herself still but even with her own personal shelter, hay supply, food and special fields (plus her companion) she still worries me. Cant believe I got her when she was 3 years old - where does the time go!
Been a busy few years as the barn converting didn't go that smoothly - official planned, raising money, sacking first lot of builders for messing about, g/son Hamish stepping in to do most of the ground work for us over his holiday from his work, finding a part time second builder (now a great friend) who, with Cathy when she was not working, managed the remaining construction work and the internal fitting out. Eventually late last year we got the place officially ok'ed for human occupation and I MOVED IN! Spent a lovely winter with the heating cranked up so I could walk around in a t-shirt, bliss after all the clothing etc I used to wear to keep warm in my old Bessie caravan lol! We still have things to do to finish everything off properly but it is certainly perfectly comfortable and we managed to house everyone for a big family Christmas last December.
I have no pictures of anything as they are all on my old laptop and as yet I don't know how to off load my phone to this laptop (don't ask- it just wont work!) so will have to wait for Dee Dee to show me when she comes for a visit in a couple of weeks. I joined the dreaded Facebook so that I could see/get pictures from DD of her wedding, if any of you are on FB (Chanda??) then you can catch a few pics of the family/wedding pic/Christmas if you go to DD's page (Dee Dee Hilling) - not sure if you have to 'friend' her on not, if you do let me know and I will warn her about a strange person asking to be a friend! I'm on FB as Cyril Barclay so you can friend me if you want.
All for now my friends, my apologies for the long time between posts (years) and I promise to come visiting regularly from now on. Anna xx

ps Many congrats on the new babies Holly - are there any more to come?

Chanda:
welcome back.  we missed you.

dcwolcott:
OMG!  You have made my birthday GRAND today, coming here to see my dear friend back and promising to stay back!!!

What a last couple of years you've been through!  So glad you are finally in the home and it's finished.  I don't breed anymore either, had to give it up while taking care of my mom with her Alzheimers.  She died last May a year ago, but I recognize all your horses that you mentioned, and so glad they are still around enjoying being horses, especially Ansel,Spotbum and Dragon.  So sorry you lost a few of the precious ones, especially little Mootie, but love hearing who is still around.

Holly cheered us up with those new babies this year, and Chanda with the pictures of the new calves, so spring has been good.

My birthday celebration is babysitting Jon's little boy, taking him to the public library to a craft time which excites him so! Don't have any other plans for today, but so happy to see you here!  That's a birthday celebration in itself.

Sending lots of love and thanks, my special friend! 

Anna:
Thanks for the welcome folks - great to see you too Chanda.  Sorry to hear about your Mom Diane, I lost mine some 10 years ago with the same thing. Meant to ask you how Katy is doing, does she still get posted or is she working at home now? Will pop in and out to chat with you all and to hear all you news and when Dee Dee gets here for a few days stopover on the 23, I will get her to sort my photos out so that I can post a few for you to see what's been going on here.

Ryan:
What a lovely surprise Anna , So happy to read you are doing well and finally moved into the barn. ( Its quite the experience dealing with some builders, I learnt first hand some 10 years ago now)
When I hear of your mares roaming around the pastures , I instantly remember all the beautiful pics of your property :)

Welcome back :)

And of course "A BIG happy birthday Diane " Hope you have had a lovely day :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version