Author Topic: annoyance of the week...  (Read 641 times)

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
annoyance of the week...
« on: April 23, 2019, 11:02:16 PM »
Ok, so really only a minor annoyance, but had to gripe somewhere.
Tomorrow, I'm driving my MIL to an eye doctor appointment, 150 miles from here; she's having issues with her lenses from her cataract surgery.   That's not the annoyance, or at least not much of it, since her appointment isn't until 1PM, we don't have to leave til like 7:30-8:00AM to get there in time to eat lunch first and maybe do a little shopping.
I was planning on going to TSC and picking up some large hay pellets (the Bermuda/alfalfa blend) for my stallion's treat ball, I stock up, since I don't get there often (they are the closest TSC).  I've never had them be low stock when I've needed the pellets, so wasn't really worried about it, but decided to look on line and see if they have enough...  Only 6 bags in stock, I was planning to get at least 12 bags; with so few left available, I called and reserved the 6 bags, no problem.   They only have 1 bag of the same mix cubes, 1 bag of similar mix chop; but they do have some of the large alfalfa pellets, so I could probably get by with those (prefer the mix, so it's not so rich, as I use them for most of his breakfast meal; he does quite well on them).   I hate living in the sticks when it comes to getting what I want, as I rarely actually get my preference for product.
On a good note, I may be going to the next closest TSC to get baling twine, if it's still cheaper than local sources, and I can get more pellets then (I'll call ahead and reserve ;) ). 
Supper timer just went off, so best get it served; feed my bottle calves and try to get to bed early so I can drag my butt out of bed early in the morning, feed, shower and take off.  [Horses are just getting hay for breakfast to make it easier on me.  No mush mix tomorrow afternoon, as that will save time too; except for Che`, he lives on his mush, so it's mixed tonight, and I just have to grab the bucket to bring to the house to soak.]
Enough for tonight.  Have a good evening.  ;)
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Ryan

Re: annoyance of the week...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 07:39:15 PM »
How did you go ? Were you able to get more pellets ?

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 07:55:46 PM »
How did you go ? Were you able to get more pellets ?
For the moment, just the 6 bags, as it'll be awhile before I might be able to get to the other TSC store.  I won't start feeding the batch I got til I run out of Wheat bran and I'm done making mush to balance last year's crappy hay; and not until we are done with mud, don't want him rolling his treat dispenser in the mud.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 10:37:51 PM »
Posts like this remind me how vast your country is. I have about 5 shops within a 5/10/30min drive i can get any feed/treat in. We don't need to buy in bulk because its literally down the road if we need it.

The only thing i can't get in my local store is show halters which i kind of need but can't afford to pay £100 for lol

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 11:55:53 PM »
Posts like this remind me how vast your country is. I have about 5 shops within a 5/10/30min drive i can get any feed/treat in. We don't need to buy in bulk because its literally down the road if we need it.

The only thing i can't get in my local store is show halters which i kind of need but can't afford to pay £100 for lol

I'm 19 miles from the closest "town", it has a CoOp (gas station) and post office; the school closed 7-8 years ago, the bar closed 4-5 years ago, there are like 12 permanent residents in town.   The next closest town is where my Mom lives, it's 37 miles and has a small grocery store, a hardware store, a lumber yard, the CoOp and like 5 bars; really too expensive to buy much at the grocery store.   We usually go 65 miles the other direction to a slightly larger town, they have 2 grocery stores, 2 hardware stores, 2 lumberyards, a grain elevator (can't really call it a feed store, but they stock 3 horse feeds), they are currently losing their Shopko store (filed bankruptcy).   If we want choices, it's on-line shopping or drive a minimum of 150 miles.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 02:38:31 PM »
Wow!  That's even more alienated than I thought it was!

'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 03:14:15 PM »
I must not have shown you guys "The MAP"...
Here's a Montana map with a red dot added for my location.  The copy is a bit fuzzy, but you can still see, I'm in the middle of nowhere.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 08:03:20 AM »
Well, that map is "telling" for sure!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 09:17:09 AM »
Well, that map is "telling" for sure!
And, it "tells" the truth...  nowhere.   ;)
Chanda
HC Minis