Author Topic: Elvis driving  (Read 777 times)

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
Elvis driving
« on: March 11, 2019, 07:40:05 PM »
Hey not been here in a while

I have largely not touched Elvis since getting him, personal circumstances etc. I drove him once before paying for him to make sure i wanted him, and he was fab. Not driven since until a few weeks ago. I took him to a local arena just to see how he was and again he was fab, despite being quite anxious at being alone. He was literally perfect in harness. Great buy!

I need to work on the harness/cart set up as it was a new harness, and i forgot my spanners to adjust the cart...but the boy went great anyway! With the set up properly he will go even better.

Offline Ryan

Re: Elvis driving
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 11:05:39 PM »
He looks like a natural :)  Hope you have heaps of fun with him !!!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 07:22:51 AM »
Looks like a great time ahead!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 08:16:54 PM »
Hes a great boy. He has lots of presence and very aware of me and what i want. Im just glad its worked out well because i have known him a long time and seen him in some horrible states (both skeletal and obese..good lease homes are hard to find! Im the only person the owner has actually offered to sell him to)

When i got him home from the last lease home at the request of his owner, he was lame. I thought oh shit ive just taken a horse thats going to have issues and thats not really what i was looking for - but then i looked at his hooves which were trimmed, but by a blind person. They were very very out of balance and a quick trim fixed them right up and he then started moving more free and unlame. Hasn't had a lame step since and is now a nice weight. I cant wait to clip him!!!!

His travelling is poor, he sweats up horrifically and is very anxious (even with company) so thats something to work on and i will only take him to a local show this year but its a work in progress and as he is so sensible in harness even when stressed he will be a great teacher for younger horses to break to harness if i can tandem/pair.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 08:44:07 AM »
So happy you have him, as he will be loved and cared for like he should.  So happy for him and you!!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 06:36:49 PM »
Ahhhh farriers, makes you realize how lucky you are when you have a good one :)

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 04:48:38 PM »
Quite Ryan. When i moved Jed to the new yard it was way out of my normal farriers area (i was already pushing my luck when he came to the last yard but he came because i was a good customer and had got him a few liveries to do there too) so i was devestated he could not come out to him anymore. He thankfully still comes to the minis but again only because there are a few of them to do...pushing my luck! lol

Be lost without him though. Jeds new farrier is okay, but hes not my Paddy.

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 07:05:56 AM »
He looks great! Hope you have loads of fun with him!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 06:13:10 PM »
So im a terrible person at being consistent. I have driven elvis once since this last post lol but he was as good as always, i often think of offering him to someone who would drive more cause he is so good. But then i would be out a driving horse and boooo  to that.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 08:24:35 AM »
Just enjoy him when you can.  It looks like a lovely ride!