Author Topic: Where is everyone? Check-in? Dec 2018  (Read 2975 times)

Offline Ryan

Re: Where is everyone? Check-in? Dec 2018
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 05:23:16 PM »
Glad to read everyone is doing well. Wishing all of my friends here "all things good" for the remainder of the year and into next. Might be a little quiet at times here, but I do check in every day just to see how you all are :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2019, 10:56:18 AM »
 ;)
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2019, 10:15:51 PM »
Like the wild fires recently in California , we are suffering from some serious fires here. I am ok where I am, but further north there are 70 fires burning across New South Wales and Queensland. We have so far lost 1.5 million hectares. These areas that have been affected by the fires are where most of our Koalas and Kangaroos call home. This time of the year is usually the wet season up north and so far they have had barely any rain at all.

For those that pray, please put "Australia" in your thoughts  ;pray

Offline Anna

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2019, 05:31:01 AM »
Those areas affected by the terrible fires have been in my thoughts and prayers for some time now Ryan. The situation is really tragic and to think that a lot of these fires may have been started deliberately! So glad to hear that you are not living in that area but perhaps you have relatives or friends that do?

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2019, 09:48:28 AM »
Oh, Ryan, you have my prayers for safety and the safety of the native animal populations.  How tragic that the fires may have been started on purpose.  Here, it's just the idiots in "legislative power" in California not doing the proper forest maintenance like other states do that maintain many forests with no major fires. 

Sending lots of prayers!   ;pray ;pray
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2019, 04:06:12 PM »
Thankyou both :)

Yes I do have friends that live up north, everyones ok at the moment, One friend was in the path of one of the fires, very lucky that the wind changed the direction of the fire.

We are a bit the same here too Diane in regards to forest maintenance. Our government is in the process of reducing numbers of wild brumbies in our National Parks and forests here. I dont think they realize 1) these brumbies are part of our heritage 2) they actually help to keep vegetation down and in turn reduce fires.

I live at the bottom of Australia in Victoria , our weather is much cooler in the winter and spring months than the rest of Oz. We do however probably have the hottest summer out of all the states here. 

Offline Ryan

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2019, 04:40:44 PM »
I heard from Carly yesterday and one of the fires was really close to her house. The smoke is really bad where she is. One of the fires burning out of control in NSW at the moment is bigger than London. We have a "Code Red" warning here today , its going to be 40 (104 f). I've put out extra hay under the trees in the hope the horses may decide its cooler for them.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2019, 12:08:30 PM »
Sending LOTS OF PRAYERS for you and Carly.  Oh my, please be safe and keep us posted!   ;pray ;pray ;pray

Offline Anna

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2019, 04:10:01 PM »
Oh Ryan that doesn't sound good, hope Carly will be ok. Does anyone know exactly where Cassie is living, I just know that it is in NSW somewhere. Must look up her address and see if I can check her area on a map, hope she is ok.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2019, 04:21:24 PM »
Thankyou both :)

You're right Anna, Im sure Cassie was from NSW as well.   We had a cool change come thru last night but its still terribly hot further north.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2019, 09:15:38 AM »
Yes, I miss Cassie, too!  Everytime I look at that picture she drew of Spotty, I think of her.  Wonder where she is and what's she's doing these days!....

Offline Ryan

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2019, 05:08:50 PM »
Does anyone remember her last name ? I could try and look her up and get her to pop into the forum and say hi.

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2019, 11:25:07 PM »
Checking in from North Carolina

On a personal level....life is a disaster....

Among other things, Spanky was rehomed in January to a family with 4 children. I get updates every now and then. They homeschool, and during the summer they sent pictures of Spanky being "schooled" by one of the girls. Apparently they have class, then Spanky gets homemade pony popsicles because he's such a good boy.  O:-) 

It's too complicated and hurtful to explain anything else. Suffice it to say my faith is sustaining me. My faith and my faith alone. If you're a Christian, please pray for my husband. He is a truly tormented soul right now..and he doesn't use drugs or alcohol.  If you're not, please lift him up in whatever spiritual manner you're comfortable with.  Noone should suffer like he is.  ;pray ;pray

For the past 2 years I've been struggling to receive disability. We finally went to hearing last week, so in another 60 days I should have a decision.  My advocate seemed to think it went well. It was more than a little difficult to hear their Vocational Rehabilitation expert say "there are no jobs for this hypothetical person" though. Pride, stubbornness, self-sufficiency, failing my family financially....it all ran through my mind in that instant....then I went outside, hugged a tree and used my walker to get to my friend's car and go home.

My daughter came to stay with us in April. She's another tortured soul.  So far, we've not come even close to building anything resembling an amicable relationship. It's not hateful.  It's just...nothing. A mom finds it hard to love their child so much and receive nothing on return. To extend a hand to repair old hurts and still be denied, to offer a hug and be denied, to ask "how are you" and be denied. Yes it's hurtful. I take some comfort in imagining how much it must hurt God, with the millions of us who do that to Him everyday.  It puts my own situation in a better perspective. So please lift her up too. She has many demons, of which most of them I can guess at. She's always been very closed-even as a baby-sit I can help in no other way until she comes to me one day.

The micro-farmstead-currently my home-based been kind of fallow this year. The lawn has been mowed. The giant patches of datura (moon flower) and volunteer petunias have been cared for.  The volunteer tomatoes were delicious. This year, unlike previous ones, we had hard frost in late October for a week, so the late tomatoes were lost. (The fleas weren't though. >:( )

I'm taking two online courses. The first one is 1000 hours in an herbal medicine immersion course. Herbalism foundations, soil, useful garden weeds, plant propagation,  herbscand their uses--for immune systems and digestion, for the nervous and respiratory systems, medicine making and food as medicine....and the list goes on.

The second one is a six week floral workshop provided by Floret Farms in Washington state. This one is very business focused. Yes, there is a lot about the growing...but the business and marketing plan is there too.

My hope is that by focusing on these two beautiful things, I can return to the beautiful person I was before all of the tragedy and sadness started...oh so long ago on 7/11/2017 with the loss of two dogs to the heat.

P.S....please excuse typos...I kept falling asleep while trying to type this. Love you all guys, in a big sisterly Christian kind of way.
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2019, 09:23:25 AM »
Prayers are coming your way.   ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray

Praying the disability comes through and you can move forward a little towards new beginnings and thankfulness for all that you have.  You have life!  I almost lost mine to a serious heart attack on August 20th, and know how grateful we should be to the Lord for the abundances He provides.  I'm not rich, but I know how to be thankful for the fact that I survived and was able to celebrate another Thanksgiving with my family.  Recovery is a bit slower than my personality is happy with, but it is also a good "teaching moment" for my pushing personality.  One of mine is going through a hard time now, but we know that Lord has that in control, and whatever and however He moves us forward, we will be happy to see His hand work in our lives.

Glad to see you back here.  We're here for you and happy you shared with us.  Prayers coming for you and the family.   ;pray ;pray