Author Topic: Be careful Diane!!  (Read 611 times)

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
Be careful Diane!!
« on: October 09, 2018, 07:18:57 PM »
Diane, I just wanted you to know you're receiving  ;pray ;pray ;pray from up here in North Carolina.

I'm sure you're already prepared, and may already be out of touch. Please check in when you can, so that we know you and your family are safe.

Florence got weaker just before she hit us, but I see that Michael has gotten stronger.

Be blessed our friend...we know who has your back!  O:-) O:-)
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Ryan

Re: Be careful Diane!!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 08:35:37 PM »
I second that , Take Care Diane  ;pray

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 09:33:22 PM »
Thank you for your love and concern, but I am safe.  I am about 45 minutes inland from the Sarasota/Bradenton area, so south of Tampa, and the storm should not reach us at all.  Just probably more rain, but I am so touched that you are praying for me and my family.  It means so much!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 11:47:08 AM »
Glad your safe!
I didnt even realize the storm had gotten so bad!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 03:36:14 PM »
Hit landfall at 1 mile an hour less than a Category 5 hurricane -- which is what hit my town in 2004 - Hurricane Charley.  So, praying hard for all of them.  We were without water from August 4 until December, and without power for a couple of months, as we live outside the "city" in the county, and all the work was first bringing up the city.

So, I feel for them, and hope there are not too many injuries, and that most people were smart enough to go inland when they were told to.  You know how stubborn I am, so the day Charley hit, I stayed at home until about an hour before the storm, took my parents to a shelter, and then took my Lab and myself to my friend's house who had a block home, and we stood outside taking pictures of the neighborhood being demolished!  My dog hunkered down in the bathroom with the 2 grandchildren and their mother, but us "adults" acted like fools.

Prayers going out to all concerned!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'