Author Topic: WELCOME TO OUR NEW MARE-TERNITY WARD !!! (MARE & FOALING FORUM)  (Read 11072 times)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: WELCOME TO OUR NEW MARE-TERNITY WARD !!! (MARE & FOALING FORUM)
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 10:09:53 PM »
We are thrilled you are joining us!! We're anxious to help in any way we can, and answer ANY questions you have. We have many experienced breeders here from around the world, so welcome, and share that wonderful momma with us.

And feel free to tell us about yourself, any animals you have, and anything else you'd like to chat about!

So, welcome again!!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2016, 08:13:47 PM »
Shall we all be Grannies now?  I don't have kids, but would still be old enough to be one, if I had started early, which I didn't.  I feel like I'm mom to my furkids, so that makes me granny to their foals.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 08:21:06 PM »
Grannies works for me, unless, someone thinks up a better name!!  I think Renee came up with the first one.  Maybe she'll think up a new one!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline HarmonyMeadows

• Harmony Meadows Family Farm
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2016, 12:31:47 PM »
Hello all!
Thank you for having me and my crazy critters. I hope to be a bit more active in the coming weeks. We are still in spring clean up mode here...comes from living in the Great White North!!....so we are still a wee bit hectic. With luck it will settle down to a dull roar soon.
I had no foals this year but we did have goat babies! I will post pics of our three kids soon as well as some of our many horses, ponies, minis, goats, pigs, chickens and ducks. We are a bit of everything here.
We got the opportunity to take in an older mini stallion for semi retirement. Silver Plate White Lightning, or Lightning is a 19 year old, 31.5 inch cremello. He will be standing to two mares this year and one a year in following years until we find him a nice gelding friend and retire him outright. I hope to post more about that soon. He is in all breed so feel free to have a peak if you are curious about his family tree. He has a nice one (or so I'm told! ;) )
Anywho, I am still setting up here and figuring things out but I wanted to touch base and say hi!

Take care all!!
A work in progress!

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2016, 12:35:51 PM »
Hello all!
Thank you for having me and my crazy critters. I hope to be a bit more active in the coming weeks. We are still in spring clean up mode here...comes from living in the Great White North!!....so we are still a wee bit hectic. With luck it will settle down to a dull roar soon.
I had no foals this year but we did have goat babies! I will post pics of our three kids soon as well as some of our many horses, ponies, minis, goats, pigs, chickens and ducks. We are a bit of everything here.
We got the opportunity to take in an older mini stallion for semi retirement. Silver Plate White Lightning, or Lightning is a 19 year old, 31.5 inch cremello. He will be standing to two mares this year and one a year in following years until we find him a nice gelding friend and retire him outright. I hope to post more about that soon. He is in all breed so feel free to have a peak if you are curious about his family tree. He has a nice one (or so I'm told! ;) )
Anywho, I am still setting up here and figuring things out but I wanted to touch base and say hi!

Take care all!!

Welcome.   Can't wait to see pics of your goat kids, they are too darn cute.   And, pics of your new grand old man.  Don't know him personally, but I've heard nothing good about Lightning and his progeny.  Hope you get a few more foals from him; 19 isn't terribly old for a mini, so if he's in good health, may you get a foal or two a year for several years.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2016, 01:59:18 PM »
I am so happy you joined us, and am very excited to know that you have Silver Plate White Lightning.  Yes, he is something special, and was bred by Lowell Boone, himself.  He's also a "Buckeroo" grandson, so those Gold Melody Boy lines are "top" and "bottom" on his pedigree.  He has 45 registered AMHA foals, and his pedigree also includes the Van't Huttenest horses, which I just love.  I had several horses with Gold Melody Boy lines, but direct from Gold Melody Boy -- not through the Buckeroo breeding.  But Lowell Boone was  a wonderful breeder of lovely horses!  Can't wait to see him!!

I'm including a copy of his full AMHA pedigree and list of progeny.  I also have a picture of his sire, that I'm including here, just in case you've never seen him before.

Attached is Boones Little Buckeroos Golden Toy.  I have lots of pictures of his "relatives" from his pedigree in my database.  He should throw you some beautiful foals!!  He sired 3 last year: 2 colts (1 palomino and 1 registered as a black--which has to be a smokey black since dad has 2 cream genes) and 1 palomino filly!!  And had a beautiful little Silver Smokey Black colt this year with a 6" canon bone that was born on March 16, 2016 and a blue-eyed splash buckskin filly born May 1st.  I found a picture of the new little ones online at: http://traffordsminiatures.weebly.com/2016-foals.html

So, he's still in his prime for siring!

The pedigree you can click on right below the picture of his sire.

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2016, 05:43:43 PM »
I might have a picture of one of his foals, but not certain.
Nope its a granddaughter by one of his sons. [I'm pretty sure the breeder of this filly won't mind, even though she has sold on, this is my picture that I took at her place probably 10 years ago.]

Chanda
HC Minis

Offline HarmonyMeadows

• Harmony Meadows Family Farm
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2016, 11:03:51 PM »
Thanks all for the welcome. Glad to join the fun! Lightning is an amazing boy and such fantastic manners. I am so lucky to have been chosen as his final home. I have two mares that I will stand to him this year. The younger one is O'Henry's War Bonnet. http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/o+henrys+war+bonnet
She is a sweet little chestnut medicine hat and her foal will be my keeper. The older mare is Flying W Farms Poetry In Motion. She is 17 so I am really hoping she catches this year as it may be one of her last. I think she is a perfect match to Lightning. I can't wait to see how they cross. http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/flying+w+farms+poetry+in+motion
She is black so will be interesting to see what they make together. I hope to be able to get some pics up this week. We have just been crazy here but it seems to be letting up a bit. I hope. lol
A work in progress!

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2016, 11:24:56 PM »
Welcome!!!!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2016, 09:18:51 AM »
Can't wait to see the pictures and have you start a thread so we can follow all the excitement!!

Offline Hickory Springs

• We love raising Pure Falabellas at Hickory Springs
    • hickoryspringsfalabellas.com
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2016, 02:35:59 AM »
Thanks so much Diane for all the support you give to all of us. You are the Go To Gal for all questions and answers related to breeding, pregnant mares, birthing, foals, illnesses...you name it, Diane has us covered.
We couldn't do it without you. Thanks for including me in this forum...it's awesome!
Debbie at Hickory Springs Falabellas.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2016, 04:50:19 AM »
Thank you for your very kind words. They mean the world to me!!

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2016, 08:38:24 AM »
I whole heartedly agree with Debbie, we couldn't do this without you Diane.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2016, 05:28:22 PM »
Thank you both.  I try very hard, but just LOVE being here myself!  It's all about getting these little ones safely to the ground, and I so appreciate each and every person who shares their experiences and helps each other!!

I think I need a blushing icon!!

Offline Renée

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2016, 04:10:41 AM »
I couldn't agree more. I love this place Diane. I wish I had more time to dedicate but being a single mum of 2 boys and working it can be hard to find the time. We are all very lucky to have you Diane.