Author Topic: Stables  (Read 578 times)

Offline Carly Rae

Stables
« on: September 24, 2018, 06:05:16 AM »
Dad, Mum and I have been working hard on new stables for the ponies! I'm very proud at how they turned out and I just have to share some pics with you all!

The actual shelter was built in 2008 for my brother as bird aviaries. Then we stripped it back when my brother stopped breeding birds and made them an open horse shelter. They were then made into separate enclosed stalls for the horses, but it we made them on budget with just materials we had laying around, so they were always getting broken and eventually with all the 'quick fixes' they started to look very tacky. I decided that now I have a job, it was time to properly fix them up.

There is 3 boxes, 2 small ones for Kevin and Willow and 1 large one for Specter. We used all new materials, dad and I built all the walls, we concreted the 2 smaller boxes and the large box has sand. Mum welded up all the gates, hinges and latches and I did all the painting and oiling. It was a team effort  :D

We have used gas bottle holders as water trough mounts and the feeders are temporary- just a bucket tied with rope but I'm yet to put in the proper ones. I've used saw dust as the bedding in the small boxes, I think Willow is enjoying it because she likes to stand on 'padded' ground as shes getting old.

I have still got to finish painting Specter's box but other than that they are all finished!  ;D
Willow, Kevin, Piper, Specter, Spider & Dashaspring

Offline Carly Rae

Re: Stables
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 06:05:45 AM »
Before Pic

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 06:06:49 AM »
In the Process

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 06:07:59 AM »
The finished Product!

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 06:10:13 AM »
The ponies enjoying their new rooms!
Sorry all the pictures are in separate posts, my computer has issues uploading too many pictures at once.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 07:45:16 AM »
You should be very proud!  They are lovely and show lots of hard work!  Good job!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 06:35:01 PM »
Good Job  :) You have done really well !!

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 07:16:27 PM »
Thank you!!  ;D

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 09:16:17 PM »
Your MOM did the welding?!  I love your family, and so envy all the skills you all have!  That is one very fine shed row, and a credit to the whole group.
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!