Author Topic: Oops...new horse  (Read 569 times)

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
Oops...new horse
« on: August 03, 2018, 06:54:33 PM »
This little (large actually...) fella ended up in my stables.

Meet Elvis. 34" smokey black amha/bmhs/falabella gelding. Hes broke to drive but not done it for years, so i hope he takes to it quick again.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: Oops...new horse
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 09:38:41 PM »
He's Falabella!  Of course he will, and he will give his  ALL to you !!  Nothing better than a Falabella for temperament, their love to please their owners, and he is just beautiful!!  ENJOY HIM!!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 11:25:37 PM »
Nice Hayley :)

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 08:05:37 PM »
He is lovely so far. Not had that much time to bond tbh cause ive been so busy (he came two weeks earlier than i really wanted) but ive just been treating him like he has always lived here and hes behaving like he has. Him and lou have such fun! It scares me sometimes hahah!

Hes coming up a little lame on the right rein but im just hoping thats down to the stoney ground here cause he didnt have that at last place, and he was in for a while before i got him too cause he was so plump. He is a little headstrong so hasnt quite got the manners yet that i demand but that will come when i start to work with him but again he doenst know me or know what i expect yet. He is very well voice trained his lunging is fabulous so that makes it much easier to get him to cart (if he doesnt turn out to have an actual lame issue) but i cant imagine he would.

Thriller went home today and i miss him already...he was the best hugger hhaha but lou is a pretty good hugger too. just not as good as thriller. You know how you get that one that you fit "fit" to hug? That was thriller.

Lou and elvis having some fun today

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 11:02:26 PM »
Awwe!! Hugs what a cutie!!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 07:00:05 PM »
Still not had time to do much with Elvis, but i think he likes me. Hes a good spud, hes a lot calmer than Thriller actually, which has (if possible) made louis even more calm. I actually question if he is a colt or not (Louis) i can walk him beside his in season sister/mother/aunt and he might if he can be bothered arch his neck...thats about all. Whats all this "colty" thing about cause ive not got it!!?!?!?!??! Is my colt defective lol

Anywho...back to Elvis. Not really done anything,....put a bit on once...he didnt care. Too busy to do anything else lately lol ive been "trying" to slim him but he may have pudged up whoops...idk...there is always winter...!!!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 07:44:23 AM »
Great pictures!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 02:56:07 PM »
Got my arse in gear and got elvis in the cart. I thought he had done it sporadically over the years but turns out he actually was broken then never touched again - so im glad i had him going before i knew that or i would have wasted loads of time getting him back to "ready" lol as it was i just long reined him for a few mins then whacked it on. He knew all the tricks so he has a good memory and clearly was broken compassionately and well.