Author Topic: LP Painted Ponys - 2016  (Read 4335 times)

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
Re: LP Painted Ponys - 2016
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 10:36:00 AM »
OK, that's weird!  It's like there is a step missing in attaching the pics.  I couldn't attach them in the body of the post like before?  Ah well, they are on the post, so...

So no foal today and really didn't seem uncomfortable at all last night.

Yes, direct attach to post, they are just shown below the text.  To type between, they'd need to be linked from another website like Picasso or whatever.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 05:51:32 PM »
I'll let Marty know.  He's so great at figuring out things!

Koko is so pretty, and I can't wait!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2016, 08:13:14 AM »
I figured out what I did wrong with the pics, was me, not the forum.  I usually attach using the "Pic" icon and bring them in thru a URL.  That time, I attached them from my computer and it's just a little different then what I was used to with two other forums.  NO WORRIES!

No baby this am, for which I'm glad as I've been dealing with a stomach issue off/on since about 3:30 this morning.  Not pleasant at all...  getting ready to try to go back to bed for a bit - that may be difficult since I have our two granddaughters and they will soon be waking up.  Hopefully, this is something just affecting me - not really prepared to help them thru it, too  :(

In between "loo" visits, I was "playing" with some history blog posts for our first pony.  Would love to have you guys check them out - especially the AJs Foals (https://lppaintedponys.org/2016/05/11/pony-history-ajs-foals/#more-1476) one as there are lots of links to either photo albums or to pictures and "another eye" or two is helpful with checking to see if they work and there are no repeats.  It's taking a while to do some of these - Word Press and tables "argue"...  May end up going back and doing the Produce Records on the mares' pages the same way as AJs Foals - lines up correctly!

Gotta run...
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 09:25:16 AM »
I think it is set up beautifully Paula!  You did a great job!

Hope you get feeling better with your tummy issues that is no fun at all!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2016, 11:05:51 AM »
Well, moved Kechi into the round pen with the other two last night.  They did quite a bit of trotting around and "tussling" to figure out who was who...  Didn't think anything of it...

Even got pics of udders (not good ones) and told the girls' I was thinking KoKo would foal this weekend.  Kechi ??  Didn't know.

Checked last night on them - around midnight we had severe thunderstorm move thru.  All OK...

Lucky 13???

We now have not 1, but 2 new foals... 

And KoKo's new son IS NOT by Wizard.  He would be by Echo... 

This little boy is a sturdy and strong fella.  Mom is a great mom, but is not real happy about human intervention with her "kid".  Almost made me think that we'd never worked with her, even though we've worked w/ KoKo mega bunches since she was 3 months old herself!

and we do know that Kechi's new filly is by Toro, as he was the only stallion on the previous owner's property... Wasn't expecting her for another month, but other than some weak legs (backwards knees - they will strengthen), she seems to be OK. 

This little girl has some leg straightening to do and needs to unfold and get stronger.  I took the pics before she'd nursed more than 1x - I was a little concerned about her.  We are going to build a 2nd pen now - to separated them a bit...
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 11:23:23 AM »
WOW!!!!!!!  Congratulations!!!!  "Someone" heard about the orders for white on the foals this year.  They are both just beautiful!

SENSATIONAL !!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2016, 12:40:02 PM »
Congrats!

If I could talk hubby into it, had funds and a way to transport; I think Kechi's filly would have to find her way to MT.  [Although, mine have to be AMHR registered, so I don't know if that is the case or not.]   I'm wanting a buckskin filly/mare.  [I have one mare that can produce it for me, if she doesn't throw her silver and he gives his bay, so buckskin comes this time instead of smokey silver black.]
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2016, 08:37:50 PM »
Congratulations!!! Just beautiful babies!!!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2016, 09:12:39 PM »
Yes, she sure is a looker!!!

Keep us posted on how she grows!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2016, 11:21:54 PM »
She has the longest legs!!!  Just beautiful!!  She ought to be up and fine within a very short time.  It's amazing how they gain strength and the legs straighten in just a week or so of being out and walking around with momma.

I had a little one whose legs -- actually the knees -- bent in the whole wrong direction, and within a week, his legs were beautifully straight, although I had to do a bit of trimming of those long toes!

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2016, 05:31:49 PM »
Congrats!

If I could talk hubby into it, had funds and a way to transport; I think Kechi's filly would have to find her way to MT.  [Although, mine have to be AMHR registered, so I don't know if that is the case or not.]   I'm wanting a buckskin filly/mare.  [I have one mare that can produce it for me, if she doesn't throw her silver and he gives his bay, so buckskin comes this time instead of smokey silver black.]

Unfortunately, I don't think she will stay small enough to hardship at 3 yrs of age.  Her dam is petite, but she did FINALLY hit 40" and pretty sure that "Toro" is larger(41" + ?).  Of course, she might be smaller, we won't know until later.  But none of the ponies in her up close pedigree are mini sized or registered as minis.

Any time someone wants to work something out, I'm sure we could.  I do travel to MT now and again - though it has been awhile.

Hoping I don't have to make the trip anytime soon, actually, for the "wrong reasons", but mom isn't doing so well since her twin sister passed in April...  She's back in MT, my sister is staying with her, but I understand that she's in a funk.  I can certainly feel for that - as I was too when I returned to NC after my Aunt's funeral.

Kechi was tiny for a very long time.  She still "looks tiny" - but she now wears the same size halter that most of the rest of our ponies do and the little headstall that I braided just for her when we started driving her - doesn't even come close to fitting her now.  She's got a longer head that is narrow while the other ponies have slightly shorter heads that are wider at the eye/jowl than hers.  Still a pretty little girl, though.  IF she appears to be OK, we may try breeding her back to one of our other two boys, but I might wait...  Haven't decided yet - since I feel she's not in shape (she lost a lot of weight in the 3 weeks that I was gone and in a funk myself and ponies weren't always fed... - long story, nuff said I suppose... )

Kechi will always produce either a buckskin, a palomino or a smokey black foal.  And both of our two current stallions (Wizard and Echo) are homozygous for Tobiano - so the foal would be a pinto.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2016, 05:36:06 PM »
She has the longest legs!!!  Just beautiful!!  She ought to be up and fine within a very short time.  It's amazing how they gain strength and the legs straighten in just a week or so of being out and walking around with momma.

I had a little one whose legs -- actually the knees -- bent in the whole wrong direction, and within a week, his legs were beautifully straight, although I had to do a bit of trimming of those long toes!

Thanks, Diane.  I've seen those pics of your little guy before and I always appreciate the support. 

I will probably not make it into town today for a new pair of nippers, but plan on making the run tomorrow and then will trim both of the two new foals' hooves a bit.  Even today, at 2 days old, they are both still wearing their "slippers" on a couple of hooves and standing on their heels with the long baby toes out front.  I can carefully fix that for them before our farrier comes out next time.

In the meantime, we are getting lots of pics of them getting their legs and hooves handled!!  too funny.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2016, 06:09:05 PM »
I knew there would be a chance of the silver with Bonny having a smokey silver dapple dam, but until Manny popped out a smokey silver black, I didn't know Bonny had silver.   Now, if she'll just keep it to herself this round, and hopefully Topper gave his dominant agouti; I'll have a chance at that buckskin.
 ;pray
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2016, 06:56:59 PM »
Hopefully, "KoKo" and "GG" didn't hide the silver too much.  Will have to test "Chylly" to know if she's carrying silver and "CharKoal" def didn't get it!

I'll pray that Bonny does not pass the silver to her foal!   ;)
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2016, 07:23:57 PM »
Sounds good to me, but might need to pray harder than Topper passes his dominant Agouti, so I get a buckskin, even if it has to be a silver buckskin.   ;)
Chanda
HC Minis