Message Boards > Foaling Questions & Help

LP Painted Ponys - 2016

(1/8) > >>

paintponylvr:
If you didn't catch the topic on the LB forum, I had a nice surprise arrive on Friday morning.

She's BRIGHT red & white - and with the freaky weather, along with a movie marathon that brought up some different names, she here got her name.

"GG" was born in 2010 and went to all my driving lessons with her dam starting at 19 days of age.  She has turned into a dream of a driving mare as a pair, though she does pull single to a cart as well.

"GG" had "Chylly" on Friday morning - will be registered as LP Painted Chyllydown W.  Chilly Down is also a song by David Bowie done in the movie of Labyrinth.

Gwen is at the butt & Grace is at the head of this little girl.  Neither girl is used to doing this and both were a bit unhappy with Gramma "making them" hold the pony baby... 

But then Gwen got into it on her own when I laid "Chylly" down in her lap and positioned Gwen so that she could hold the filly by herself while stroking her in long strokes and "GG" checks to make sure her new baby is ok.

Larry (my hubby) gets into it a bit, too, before he goes and collapses in bed (these 12 hour shifts/6 days a week while union is on strike are getting to him!!).

Then Yoshi and Sierra arrive from opposite directions and OMG, the boyfriend who was scared of the ponies last fall - is holding the baby!!!!!!!!!!!!  and touching the mama, too!!!!!!!!

paintponylvr:
This filly is by Buckeye WCF Classical Wizard -

paintponylvr:
I'm expecting KoKo to go next - also in foal to Wizard.  I'm actually going to go check her again shortly. 

These are the shots I took right before leaving for Iowa for my Aunt's funeral.  The only 3 shots.  Then I will take some more tomorrow as I haven't gotten any since I've been back (other than her sticking her head in that shot with "GG" and "Chylly" above).

paintponylvr:
Then we have Kechi - a pony that I sold in Dec 2013 and she is back as of February and she appears to be in foal to the stallion that was to have been gelded.

Kechi is a cremello that we brought back from the brink of death at 6 weeks of age and nursed thru several illnesses the first year of her life.  Got her "little highness" started in harness before selling her - she's gotten into some very bad habits while gone and haven't tried hooking her yet.  Figure that will wait until she foals and we'll go from there.  Our youngest granddaughter is thrilled to have her "unicorn pony" back - and we may have Kechi going under saddle for her as well this summer. 

Trailer work - April 2013

This was her 2nd hitch in Jan 2013.  She's still a little unsure when the cart makes a lot of noise or when a tire bumps up over objects such as a flake of hay...

This is Toro (LP Painted Toro).  We sold him in 2013 as well and he's back.  I don't yet have good pics of him...  He's gotten several serious "come to Jesus" type workouts as his manners were downright dangerous when he came back.  He still needs more work, but it will come.  Nothing like the "non-hormonal", laid back and well mannered colt that I sold.  He is moving much better these days than I remember him moving and he should both work under saddle and in harness.

and in Oct 2011 at 5 1/2 months of age -

paintponylvr:
Toro is a foal out of the 2nd and 3rd Shetlands we'd owned.  He came after I'd sold his dam in early 2001 and then purchased her back in 2008.  Magic and AJ were both 19 yrs old when Toro was foaled in 2011...

His sire is "AJ (WF Action Jackson) and his dam is "Magic" (Magic Place Resida).  They were both Skye's riding ponies until she outgrew them and moved to first an Arab mare and then a NSH mare.  Both were also used for giving riding lessons (I don't have any pics of that, unfortunately) and Madira showed Magic western (Skye had show her huntseat) at some of our local open shows.

AJ -

Skye is riding him here - September 1997.  Skye is 7-1/2 yrs old.

Madira rode him too, though this is the only photo I have of her riding him now.  This is June 2001.  YES, he was our breeding stallion while the girls were riding him from 1995 - 2002.  I leased AJ out for breeding from early 2002 thru late 2003 and by then the girls had outgrown him and he was driven on/off for several years.  Then he went to a couple of open shows - presented in Hunter pony style (2005 shot below).

He even drove as a pair a handful of times, he was much bigger than the mare he is pictured with her - but they made it work... 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version