Message Boards > General Discussion

Suggestions for a first timer

(1/3) > >>

Ryan:
Hi friends, I am travelling to the states for the first time at the end of May. This will be my first time to your country. I am Flying into L.A then to New Orleans. From New Orleans, I head to Vegas and then fly to San Francisco. From San Francisco I am driving down the coast to Anaheim and spending a week before heading home.

Ive booked a few tours in each place but unfortunately I am only in each place a few days.

If anyone has any suggestions for places to see or even eat( as you know Im a bit of a foodie) Id really appreciate it.

Cheers Ryan

dcwolcott:
How exciting for you!!  I've been to California many times, but not "native" enough to be much help on "foodie" places!  You will love New Orleans also, at least I do and Vegas is always good for a gamble or two!  Been there many times too, but like California, that was in another life and always on business, except one trip as a girl with my family -- visiting all the National Parks across the country.  Of course, Anaheim has Disney Land, and San Diego has the wonderful zoo.  I think I could quote verbatim the talk at the Alcatraz Island Prison, I've been there so many times.  Always, people I traveled with for business wanted to see that, so I've seen that many times.  I especially liked the Sequoia National Park better than the Redwood area, and NAPA Valley was always nice -- but with all the wildfires in California this past year, I'm not sure what it looks like out there.  They used to host lots of wine tastings (which I liked), but not sure what's available now.

ENJOY YOUR TRIP!!!!   

Holly:
I've been to New Orleans, over 20 yrs ago, lol. But if you into local culture history the city tour was amazing!!
Enjoy your visit!!

Ryan:
Thankyou , I have booked the city tour in New Orleans and Alcatraz in San Francisco .

I cant wait !!!!  I have waited or should I say wanted to do this for many years, 15 Hours in a plane is daunting , so fingers crossed I can sleep.

Im definitely interested in the wine tasting ( head to top of the list).

With a bit of luck , I win lotto before I head over then I can add to my trip and get to meet a few of you lovely people.

Chanda:
Well, I don't travel much, so don't have much advice.  I haven't been to California in almost 20 years, the only touristy thing we did was go to Disneyland.
When I was a kid we went to California, and my folks did a Napa Valley wine tasting tour.
Hope you enjoy your trip and visit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version