Message Boards > General Discussion

New profile picture

(1/3) > >>

Silver City Heritage Farm:
I posted a new profile picture.  Here's the story behind it:

My very best friend's husband had emergency triple bypass surgery on 4 January (her 50th birthday 😱.) This was also the day we got the big snow:

By the 10th, everyone's prayers were working, he was recovering well and was going home the next day.
Julie #1 (my friend, and at one point we worked together, if you want THAT backstory let me know) had a close relationship with her father. When he passed away, she found a heart similar to this on top of his casket. In the years since, she's found them scattered around  whenever she's needed a bit of encouragement.

When I went out to feed that morning, my Heritage breed Campine (pronounced kam-peen) hens had scratched this up. You can see the hens in the background, as well as the--at that time--still frozen ground.

I quickly texted this picture to her. She responded something along the lines of "Lord, don't take my husband yet!"  My reply was that it was a reassurance that all would be well.  Her Father was watching over her, just as He'd watched over and protected those hens through the winter storm. He loves us ever so much more, as we're created in His image. No worries then, all is well.

As you can see, the chickens chose to roost in a naked tree during the snowstorm.  ;pray. However, they made it through the record breaking cold week in pretty good shape.  So, I took it as a reassuring sign to share with my friend.... God had her back. Let go of worry, He will protect and provide.

I got an update last night.......her husband has done well. He's followed the lifestyle and exercise guidelines he was given to the letter.  He will probably be returning to work on Monday. Isn't that grand?!

dcwolcott:
That is more than grand news!

I just love when we get those quiet little messages that God is in control and watching over us.  :D

Ryan:
That is quite the snow fall and sounds like your prayers have been answered :)

Hope you are defrosting now....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version