Author Topic: Siana Stuffed Ponies!  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
Siana Stuffed Ponies!
« on: February 04, 2018, 08:34:40 PM »
New hobby......having fun , making spare change.
Already have 4 orders to complete....
I made the pattern myself and am twerking it as I go. I like the 2 patterns I've settled on now...
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: Siana Stuffed Ponies!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 08:58:48 PM »
Oh these are lovely, Holly.  I especially like the 2nd one.

You know, there used to be someone who made the stuffed horses out of ribbons that the show horses won.  I was lucky enough to get one made, but have lots of ribbons on other horses of mine, but the lady that did it, I guess, quit doing them.  I looked and looked, as I would love to have others made on my show horses.  That might be something you consider in the future, I know everyone was pretty disappointed when it wasn't available any more.

Just lovely!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 10:37:32 PM »
That's neat Diane, I couldn't take anything that valuable and turn it into a pony, I am not that good a seamstress,  I would feel terrible if I messed it up.
live barn camera link:

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 11:03:43 PM »
Very nice.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Ryan

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 05:19:47 PM »
Very Cool Holly !!! 

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 10:44:06 PM »
There come a long way in a short time. I've tweaked pattern a lot.... here is the latest
live barn camera link:

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 08:54:24 AM »
Very nice!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 06:58:05 PM »
I really really really hope my niece falls in love with horses .

Fantastic Holly :)

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 10:05:05 AM »
Holly, those are all specTACular!!  You have made some lovely horses.  I particularly appreciate how you've used the manes and tails to complement the patterns.  The fancy, dished heads are very attractive as well....a head hunters dream. LOL

Are the buttons decorative, or do they function as joints? 
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 06:56:36 PM »
I'm scratching my head.

If I sent you some ribbons, would you be willing to try and make a Little horse out of them?  I'm attaching a couple pictures of the one I paid for years ago.  What do you think, would you be willing to try?

Because, truthfully, I think yours are A LOT BETTER than the one from yester-year!!!  And I much prefer your style than my old one.

Please ignore my messy office in the background of the pictures, someday I'll have enough time and umph to decide to get it cleaned up!

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 07:33:49 PM »
I don't sew, so please take this with a grain of salt.  Might I suggest the ribbons be sewn to another piece of cloth, then made into the ponies?  That would make it easier for me...if I could sew.

Diane, I didn't notice a messy office.  Only a photobomber kitty and lots of BOOKS! LOL

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 07:41:25 PM »
Thanks!!  She's a nice kitty, too -- one of 3 I have -- She's a snowshoe ragdoll (neutered), and I have a Lynx-point Siamese boy (neutered) and a calico Persian girl (registered/neutered).  And in the mix, I have a little Pomeranian who drives us all crazy!!

And you think you saw a lot of books?  I have two rows of books on shelves that circle the room, up at the top by the ceiling of the room, going completely around the room, and all are pretty full.  I'm an avid reader, and my kids got so tired of carrying suitcases of hardcover books to vacation, they got me a kindle years ago, and a newer one last year, so they don't have to work so hard!  LOL  But I LOVE my new kindle!  I can read in the dark, and that's wonderful!

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 09:21:20 PM »
I have a question about that kindle.  Do you store books on it?  Do you check books out?  Do you save them to the cloud?  I'm asking because I'm on book restriction.  We just don't have the space to be storing ANYthing, let alone books right now. My husband used the "puppy dog crossed with Antonio Banderas' Puss-in-Boots" eyes on me, and asked me not to bring any more stuff home.  So I'm not.

Anyway, I only know about kindle from people talking about it.  I don't actually know how it or it's service works.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 08:39:55 AM »
It's FABULOUS!

Of course I'm an Amazon fan, so you purchase the Kindle (get the one with the background light -- so you can read in dim light or no light).  Then you purchase books and they download right to the Kindle where you can read them to your heart's content.  When you've finished a book, you can "remove" it from the device and they upload to the cloud.  But, you can retrieve everything with just a touch, so they're not really gone. My first Kindle didn't have the background light and I found that a nuisance since I like to sit in the dark and don't turn on house lights when I'm home.  But when Katy got me a new Kindle with the light behind it, it was a simple touch, and all my books from the old Kindle were automatically transferred to my new Kindle.  Whoosh!

I currently have 64 books downloaded ready to read, and I can't even guess at how many I've removed to the cloud. The nice thing is I follow a couple of my favorite authors (Stephen King, James Patterson and many others) and on Amazon can pre-order upcoming books that they're writing, and they automatically download to my kindle when they've been published.  So, sometimes it's like getting a present when I forget they're coming since you can sometimes order months in advance of their release.

Then for the "aging" mind, Amazon also alerts you if you already have the book, so you don't order the same book twice.

So nice, small and light, very comfortable in your hand, and fits in my purse, so when I go take my car for oil changes or servicing, I just pull out my kindle and read while I wait.  And great when I'm traveling by plane -- no bulky book to carry.  I just love it! 

Then another PLUS -- my kids never know what to get me for my birthday or Christmas, and they always ask.  So my answer is always get me an Amazon Gift Card, which I load right to my Amazon Account, and spend on Kindle books!  Best gift they could give me, since I get to choose my own "present" !!

All in all, for the amount of pleasure my Kindle gives me, the cost for purchase is minimal.

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2018, 10:54:08 PM »
Diane, send me the ribbons. I will figure out a way to make a Siana Stuffed horse in your beautiful ribbons!
Right now I have 30 orders for them so I must complete first... however I can put you next on the list.... e mail me and I will send you my address!!
live barn camera link: