Author Topic: New profile picture  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
New profile picture
« on: February 06, 2018, 03:48:32 AM »
I posted a new profile picture.  Here's the story behind it:

My very best friend's husband had emergency triple bypass surgery on 4 January (her 50th birthday 😱.) This was also the day we got the big snow:

Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Re: New profile picture
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 04:08:45 AM »
By the 10th, everyone's prayers were working, he was recovering well and was going home the next day.
Julie #1 (my friend, and at one point we worked together, if you want THAT backstory let me know) had a close relationship with her father. When he passed away, she found a heart similar to this on top of his casket. In the years since, she's found them scattered around  whenever she's needed a bit of encouragement.

When I went out to feed that morning, my Heritage breed Campine (pronounced kam-peen) hens had scratched this up. You can see the hens in the background, as well as the--at that time--still frozen ground.

I quickly texted this picture to her. She responded something along the lines of "Lord, don't take my husband yet!"  My reply was that it was a reassurance that all would be well.  Her Father was watching over her, just as He'd watched over and protected those hens through the winter storm. He loves us ever so much more, as we're created in His image. No worries then, all is well.

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 04:20:03 AM »
As you can see, the chickens chose to roost in a naked tree during the snowstorm.  ;pray. However, they made it through the record breaking cold week in pretty good shape.  So, I took it as a reassuring sign to share with my friend.... God had her back. Let go of worry, He will protect and provide.

I got an update last night.......her husband has done well. He's followed the lifestyle and exercise guidelines he was given to the letter.  He will probably be returning to work on Monday. Isn't that grand?!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 07:54:22 AM »
That is more than grand news!

I just love when we get those quiet little messages that God is in control and watching over us.  :D
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 04:53:16 PM »
That is quite the snow fall and sounds like your prayers have been answered :)

Hope you are defrosting now....

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 09:23:39 PM »
Well, yeah, sure, we're defrosting.  For a couple of days it's 60-70 for the high, then 45-50.  Today (and tomorrow) it's 80.  Then back down to 50's for a day or two.  As I've said before, the weather seems to be much more likely to swing between extremes right now.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 04:18:02 PM »
Well Its starting to cool down here now ( not that Id admit it too loudly , but I am looking forward to some cooler weather) . Its been record temperatures throughout this summer and my farm could really use a drink ( so could Ryan) .

Hoping its starting to warm up for you !!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 05:27:44 PM »
I think I'll join you, Ryan!  The drink sounds like a good plan!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 06:35:18 PM »
So, I have a question for everyone.  How do YOU choose your profile pictures?  What are the stories behind them?  Significant life events?  Farm promotion?  A favorite __________ (fill in the blank with pet, event, food, etc.)  I'd like to know, so that I can know everyone a bit better.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 08:21:16 PM »
Mine is easy.  This one is a wonderful stallion -- Sweetwaters Texas Spotty - that I never showed, but he produced many appaloosa babies for me that went on to show and win in the show ring.  One of my favorite babies of his was Little Spotty Man, who went on to become a HOF Stallion in Driving (picture 4), and has produced many gorgeous offspring. Little Spotty was such a cute baby Pictures  & 2) when he was born, and grew into a handsome stallion.(picture 3)  I've kept track of him, and he's up to 10 registered "kids" but I'm not sure whether any of them are being shown.

I haven't changed my picture since we started the forum, and I guess I should as my "heart horse" was my Falabella stallion, El Rey (picture 5), who was imported from Argentina in his momma's belly, and went on to produce some exceptional pure Falabella offspring.  He was shown also, and became a National Top Ten Senior Stallion.  His daughters and sons are still producing today, and I have the pleasure of seeing all his grandbabies each year!   

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2018, 11:33:16 PM »
I'm lazy so I don't change pictures very often.  [Been on FB for 6-8 years, and it's been the same picture the whole time, my Aussie, Bridgette; lost her in 2009 when she was 13.5 years.]
On this forum my picture is my junior stallion, Topper, he's an AMHR register dark bay son of Buckeroos Top Cat.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Ryan

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 05:22:10 PM »
Ill say I am  a little lazy too. My profile Pic here is when I was riding a couple of years back before injury put a hold on that. When Im back from my holidays in June Ill be riding a lot more so look for some Profile pic changes :)