Author Topic: Goodbye my beloved  (Read 826 times)

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
Goodbye my beloved
« on: January 15, 2018, 05:12:31 PM »
Not been posting much but just here to say i lost my beloved dog of 14years a couple of days after xmas.

It broke my heart. But she was ready to go. I got Xmas with her, and thts all i ever wanted.

I took this pic just before my dad took her to the vet, and as much as i was crying i know in the pic she looked fed up and ready, so i also feel glad i knew this and let her go. She easily could have gone on a few more days/weeks...but why? It was not for my benefit she lived, i lived for hers.

Its been a couple weeks and im in tears writing this still. I love you Lex, i miss you.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: Goodbye my beloved
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 05:18:03 PM »
I'm so sorry, but understand the hurt of your loss.  Praying you'll find peace after your mourning.  Brought tears to my eyes, as we've all hard these hard times.  I'm glad you saw she was ready, and let her go when it was time.  They depend on us for that.  Sweet dreams, Lex.
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 05:26:47 PM »
Hayley , Im so sorry , Its never easy to lose a best friend , Take care.

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 07:17:37 PM »
Ist funny the things you miss. I miss her face. I miss her smell. I miss her snores. I miss worrying about her. I miss the vet and the meds and feeling like i was doing my best for this being that i just loved. I keep remembering little things in our life that happened, then thinking "gosh that was about 5 years 10 years 12 years ago"

Where did the time go. How did my little pup get this old, and have to go. I got her as a teen, and im now a major adult...she basically encompased my entire "awkward social" stage.

She was always there. Now shes not.

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 07:18:13 PM »
So sorry for your loss.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 07:50:16 PM »
Ist funny the things you miss. I miss her face. I miss her smell. I miss her snores. I miss worrying about her. I miss the vet and the meds and feeling like i was doing my best for this being that i just loved. I keep remembering little things in our life that happened, then thinking "gosh that was about 5 years 10 years 12 years ago"

Where did the time go. How did my little pup get this old, and have to go. I got her as a teen, and im now a major adult...she basically encompased my entire "awkward social" stage.

She was always there. Now shes not.

^^^^This, most of all about what you said^^^^

I very much understand, and am glad you got to let your friend go with dignity.  The loss of pets can only be understood by others who've been loved by pets.  It will take a long, long time for this to happen less frequently.  The holidays were not the same without my Lucky girl to dance with me to "Feliz Navidad" sung by Jose Feliciano while I rang the jingle stick.  We miss our friends at the most odd times.

Who's the photo bomber in the background, who looks so very sad?  Do you hold him/her and make each other feel a bit better?
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 04:56:45 PM »
Thanks everyone.

The photobomber is my other dog Billy. He is an old chap himself but about three or four days before Lexi passed he really went into a depression, barely moving and not jumping up if he heard a rustle in the kitchen etc...which solidifies in my mind dogs can talk to each other and have empathy for eachother. A day or two later he perked up a little, but i took him to the vet anyway just to get a check up and they said he needs a diet (whoops) and have givin some pain killers for a bit of arthritis he has. Hes back to normal now thankfully, and very snuggly as usual.

When we rescued him he came with a basket he had had all his life. He would stand and bark at lexi at night to get out of it cause that was HIS bed. When we took Lex to the vet she was in this basket with all her blankies on her and when it came back we washed it out etc....he refused to go near it. And still to this day has not. He uses another basket we got now.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 09:01:05 PM »
Funny how they know things and make their decisions.  I know that when my dogs got older (and stiffer) a new puppy always got them going again.  Might be a thought if he's lonely.

Again, so sorry this happened, but so glad she went with dignity.  You are a wonderful caretaker of all God's creatures!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'