Message Boards > General Discussion

NMHR: Drat and double drat...

(1/3) > >>

Chanda:
Lost my favorite barn kitty last night or early this morning.  It may have been the cold, but honestly don't know, since the other kitties in the same building were all fine.   Some of my barn kitties sleep in my feed/tack building; I have 3 self-warming kitty beds in there for them, and also a couple self-warming crate mats (these aren't as nice as the beds).
Poor Boots had a few issues, as he was an orphan two falls ago, my dog bit him last summer, so he lost half his whiskers; but yesterday he seemed just fine and was following me around like usual or looking to be petted.   I'll bury him in the spring, when I bury Mom's cat that was euthanized early December due to old age issues (she was over 18 years).
Just a bummer of a morning.

Anna:
So very sorry for the loss of your kitty Chanda - it is so hard when we lose one of our special animals for whatever reason. x

Chanda:

--- Quote from: Anna on January 12, 2018, 03:47:28 PM ---So very sorry for the loss of your kitty Chanda - it is so hard when we lose one of our special animals for whatever reason. x

--- End quote ---
Thank you, Anna, I appreciate it.

I don't often share pics of me, but this was Boot's favorite place to be.  I packed him on my shoulder as a kitten, big mistake, as he still wanted to do it as an adult.

dcwolcott:
What a beautiful cat!!  Sorry for your loss, it's always hard.   :'(

Chanda:

--- Quote from: dcwolcott on January 12, 2018, 10:37:29 PM ---What a beautiful cat!!  Sorry for your loss, it's always hard.   :'(

--- End quote ---

Thank you.  If I could have brought him in the house, he would have been a house cat, but we had 5 kitties in the house when he was little, so we were full up.  He was something else, quite the character.
I haven't cried yet, but I know it's coming.  I couldn't cry when I found him, it was 35 below this morning, my tears would have froze to my face and that would have hurt, so I just didn't.  So far, they haven't come today, but I know they will; something will set them off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version