Author Topic: Plans for 2018  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
Re: Plans for 2018
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2018, 11:32:28 PM »
I like that picture too, Ryan.  Happy Belated Spring, by the way. I thought about you a lot that day. Did you celebrate?

I didn't get done.what I'd planned. I'll bring things up to date over this weekend.
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 09:33:19 PM »
And again.....one more slap at us from 2018.  You'll see why in another thread. 

The only gardening I've done this year has been ornamentals in pots.  It's been a very dry year on my place....as in between 1 June and until Hurricane Florence came through 14 September, we'd had less that 3" total of rain.

However, I've nurtured our lawn along, and it now covers 2/3's of the property.  The petunias have self-seeded every year and we've now a couple of large patches.  My roses had to be cut down to the ground in August, because we had to move the campers to the back of the property.  I'm so very happy that they're coming back!!

It's been a topsy turvy year, and I'm putting everything to rest.  Once cold weather sets in, I'll be moving the roses to their permanent bed.  I've started the compost piles so that I'll be prepared to start again after the first of the year.

Until then, I'll enjoy whatever gardening our southern hemisphere friends Ryan and Carly Rae care to share with us.

Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2018, 07:55:13 AM »
For sure!  I always enjoy Ryan and Carly Rae keeping us updated on their side of the globe!

We've had our normal run during out rainy season, and some extra from hurricanes and tropical storms.  Yards have to be mown at least once a week because of the grass growing, and potted plants almost need a daily long drink just to keep them going.  If you miss a day or two, all flower can be lost.  I'm still trying to add some bushes into my gardens around my house, and although I have the time, the heat is too great to work outside in the sun. Like this week, we are happily in the low 90's during the day and into the low 70's at night, but having thunder storms each day this week and the coming week, with Sunday being the only day rain isn't predicted.  Too hot to plant!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'