Message Boards > General Discussion

Plans for 2018

(1/4) > >>

Silver City Heritage Farm:
I've started planning my plot layouts for the garden. I'm also working on a new project, that may involve self-employment.

I'll share more details, but in the meantime, what's everyone else working on?

Chanda:
So far, just working on staying warm in 2018 and getting through winter.
Not sure what I'll have going on this summer.  Should probably paint or stain the horse shelter I built a couple summers ago, we have lots of windbreak that needs painting. I loathe painting, so it doesn't get done very fast.
I hopefully have one foal coming, and hope to cover my 3 big girls and hope they all take this time, last time, Misty didn't take.

Ryan:
My biggest plan for 2018 is to try and plant all the trees I have accumulated in pots into the ground :)

Just planted my veggie garden out , Im a little late so will see what grows and what does not.

I also plan to be back in the saddle a lot more from June onwards. Im taking it easy up until then , just riding a couple of times a week for 10 min rides. I have planned a vacation at the end of May and I just want to stay sound until then :)

Silver City Heritage Farm:
Ryan, feel free to share pictures from whenever you've been horseback. Do you have a large veggie garden? I hear you on the potted plants. I hope I haven't killed some roses, a jessamine and some pyracantha that I hadn't yet decided on where to plant.

After the snow, and (among other things) chicken adventures, I'm working on a new idea. I'll get pics as I go along. It's kind of going to be a greenhouse and chicken coop, semi-portable combo. *Rubbing hands and chortling*

The mission I work at has been very negatively impacted by traffic traffic being rerouted in the area. We've been told that we will have our hours cut to 11 per week. (We were 18.) Since I have a 40 minute commute, not sure this will cover travel costs.😑

One of the things I had planned to do was this same type of mission and thrift store here in my home county. On the way home from work yesterday, I got the booth rental prices from the big flea market near us. I was surprised at the low price! So, I'm going through all of my totes and repacking and labeling them. There are "keep" and "sell" totes. Whatever I make, I'll bank and save for opening up here at home! 🙆🙆

The dog you see in the snow picture is Cash, an Australian Cattle Dog mix. He came to us from the dog pound just before Christmas. I'll tell his story another day. He's very smart, and wants to please, so he and I will learn agility together this year. Since he's not too much shorter than Spanky, they can use the same course at home.

Spanky is being ground driven now. He's going to learn farm work and agility this year. Perhaps a show??

So, that's a bit of what's on my plate this year

Chanda:
New plan for 2018, don't get behind on bookwork.   I just spent the afternoon catching up 9 months of quickbooks entries and my horse records (I keep a ledger of horse only expenses).  Discovered I was missing a spring bank statement (I'm on-line looking enough, that I know my checkbook is balanced), but hadn't gone through all the quickbook entries and statements.
I'm almost all the way through the ranch ledger for the CPA, partway through I realized I had some entry errors, not sure if I'll fix them or not (not $$ just category).
Winter sucks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version