Message Boards > General Discussion

Bye 2017, wish the dog had bit ya AND the door hit ya!

<< < (5/5)

dcwolcott:
We will be praying that all goes well in El Salvador, and nothing that could happen, WILL happen.   ;pray ;pray ;pray

I'm very thankful for this forum as well, as it is my place to talk with friends, and I cherish all my time here.  So, you're welcome, but I thank everyone here for being a caring person willing to be friends with us all!

Silver City Heritage Farm:
Chanda, I don't mind you asking at all. I, myself, am a very strong Christian. Since both my parents were active duty military, I've been exposed to many denominations. Like my ethnic background, my Christianity is a lovely kaleidescope of religious traditions.

The services though, were a combination of Catholicism and local culture. Quite interesting to see the differences. His brother's girlfriend is from Honduras, and what they did was quite a bit different than traditions from El Salvador. The hold a vigil on the 9th day, then have a mass daily for 9 days after. They also have quite a few mystic things they do that aren't part of Catholicism, like burning herbs and a lock of hair. They had other things they did too, but I was excluded from that.

He did make it home with no problems, and was picked up and transported safely as well. Burial is today.

I'm very certain that all the spiritual support we've had has helped keep a circle of protection around our whole family. Again, I thank you all with deepest gratitude.

dcwolcott:
Thank you for the update.  Prayers have been answered....the Lord is good!

I understand what you're saying, too.  That's why when Katy is deployed I always ask for prayers for her safety.  I know that prayers work, and they have protected her while in the war, keeping her safe in body and mind.  The Lord is so good, and good friends here make all the difference.

Thank you for sharing with us, and allowing us to do some small part in praying protection around your family and extended family.  I'm always so thankful when prayers are answered in the way we hope, but understand when the Lord has something different in mind.

Such good news.   ;pray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version