Author Topic: That coat being put to good use  (Read 679 times)

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
That coat being put to good use
« on: December 28, 2017, 06:44:58 PM »
Its really cold but dry here at the mo, im loving it. The fatties are getting a good slim down. Came out this morning to give some hay though to find Meadow and Charm (both american bred) with lots of frost on them. The other three were clear (although lou had a tiny spot on his bum) which according to the "experts" means they are keeping their heat to their bodies as they should be doing. Made me wonder why the other two were not (british bred with heavy Shetland influence) but no mind, any weight loss i can gather now ill take. Call me Cruella!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: That coat being put to good use
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 09:31:24 PM »
I've had lots of horses covered with frost from head to toe.  But push your fingers down through the heavy coat, and they are as warm as a fireplace.  No cold getting through, so I would bet they'll be fine! 
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 06:36:50 PM »
They look Gr8 Hayley :)

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 12:51:23 PM »
Hi Hayley, the girls look great! Isn't it funny.... their butts are heart shaped like their noses. 😂😂

Here are a couple of Spanky pictures. In the first one, he heard the camera click, and looked up from hoovering. The others say it all!

Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 05:03:30 PM »
hahaha! Im not sure heart butts are a good thing, but ill let summer clips decide. I don't need MORE heifers!