Message Boards > General Discussion

Feed Again - senior feed

<< < (3/3)

Carly Rae:
Yes Ryan, its Prydes Easi Sport  :)

Willow dropped a HEAP of weight after having Moo, she became very weak and tired, which is exactly the kind of thing we were worried about with her foaling. I added the easi sport to her meal which gave her a bit more energy, however shes still very thin with ribs and hips visible.

She is unbelievably fussy and I'm finding it very hard to get her to eat a full meal. I've tried dry feeds and slops and different types, she generally just picks at it. However I find putting a tiny bit of molasses in a cup with water, mixing it then tipping over the food makes it a bit more interesting for her, just giving it a smell. I just have to compromise and try change it up a bit to keep her interest in the food and ideally get Moo off her as soon as shes ready. We will get there eventually, I'm just so glad we dont have a stallion here to breed her again!  :)

Ryan:
Carly have you tried "gumnuts" by Mitavite ?  Its specifically designed for older horses. Jump on google and have a read. A friend of mine uses it for her seniors and she swears by it.  Hope she is gaining some weight..

Carly Rae:
I have come across Gumnuts in the feed store. I'll definitely have a look at it, from memory its pretty well priced too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version