Message Boards > General Discussion

Plans for the festive season ?

(1/3) > >>

Ryan:
Anyone heading away on vacation ? Plans with the family for xmas ? Anyone cooking ?

Just having a quiet one here this Christmas , Lunch with dads side this Sunday , catching up with Mum Christmas day for Breakfast.

If Its stinking hot christmas day , Ill be staying close to the horses, so I can change waters over and hose and scrape horses down. Might go round to my SIL for a swim.

Chanda:
Just the usual.   Dinner with the in-laws Christmas Eve, then brunch with my Mom on Christmas Day; weather permitting, of course (it's been unusually nice so far this winter, but that can change in an instant).

dcwolcott:
Going to my oldest son's home on Christmas Eve to prep for Christmas Day -- it's the biggest house of the "local" family, only an hour away.  I'm cooking dinner for 21 people -- a Norwegian Christmas meal which is our tradition.  We have roasted pork loin, Kaneflies (which is like German Spaetzle with a Norwegian twist), Creamed Cabbage with Nutmeg, Creamed Corn (made with heavy cream, cream cheese and slow cooked in Crock Pot), Biscuits, Gravy, a green jello salad with cottage cheese and spices and cold Rice Pudding for dessert with Almond flavor and slices of almonds.  Then we add some American dishes: Green Bean Casserole and pies for my son's wife -- who loves the green bean casserole and pies -- and had them growing up, so we humor her!

Only 6 grandchildren will be there, as 2 are in Seattle and 2 in Texas (that I just visited before Katy deployed last Friday).  So, it should be a really fun day, and my mom always enjoys seeing all the Great-grandchildren opening presents.

Busy day!

Holly:
I think our family is going to Dianes sons house!!!

Ryan:
I think im coming to that too :)  Diane that sounds amazing !!

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version