Author Topic: Hurricane Harvey  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
Hurricane Harvey
« on: August 25, 2017, 08:38:59 AM »
Were as prepared as we can be. Please pray for everyone in the path of this storm. We expect record breaking flooding...
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Anna

Re: Hurricane Harvey
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 02:24:54 AM »
Hope you stay safe Holly. Sending prayers your way and for everyone else in the path of this awful storm.  ;pray

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 07:34:37 PM »
As soon as I heard there was a hurricane headed that way Holly, I started on the prayers.  I know that much of Texas has suffered, or is still suffering, from drought.  Getting water this way isn't the most ideal way to break a drought though.  I hope that there is little loss of life, and that the poor parched earth can absorb the 36+ inches they've forecast.

As far as you, keep us posted as you can.  When the hurricane came through here last fall, we didn't use what precious access we had to power on internet.  We'll be looking for you to check in as nature allows, and keep praying that all stay safe and sound, albeit somewhat damp.
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 08:54:46 PM »
Praying hard for you and yours, and hoping for an update when you can.  My daughter Katie is in San Antonio, and she said today was fine, lots of rain, but doing well.  I am praying you are the same!   ;pray ;pray ;pray
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 09:57:59 AM »
Quick update, we still have power, flooded all round house now, but we are up off ground 3 foot so safe. The barn is still above water but surrounded. Our driveway is partially underwater but we can still get out.
I will post pics soon as possible. Thank you for all the prayers, please continue. I am so saddened for all the people effected by this storm, and now the flooding. Its really so terrible.
live barn camera link:

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 11:24:26 AM »
 ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 04:30:56 PM »
So water id's now the highest I've seen here. House is completely surrounded except for driveway, and that's starting.
Had to run out and help friend move 15 goats a horse and cow. We waded through 18 inches of water that had strong current.some goats we were able to carry the rest we had to drag. But at least they are now safe.
My barn is high but floor is absorbing water and its starting to getgushy. Not ideal at all but still safe.
live barn camera link:

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 09:39:21 PM »
Praying for your safety and the safety of the animals.  I remember Hurricane Charley here, and never want to go through it again.  So much flooding, thigh high.

I had big horses then and it was hard on them with the standing water and no place to really keep hooves dry.  Had to treat for thrush since there was so much standing water around.  Once it receded I treated everyone just in case.

Hope the babies are okay and doing well.  I truly "feel " for you and am praying hard that the water doesn't get any deeper for you.   ;pray ;pray

Offline Anna

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 04:53:11 AM »
Keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers for you and all those affected Holly.   ;pray

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 04:07:59 PM »
Internet in and out. Will update as possible. Flooding subsiding but power on And off.
We are all safe. Horses dry.
live barn camera link:

Offline Anna

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 05:09:32 PM »
Brilliant news!!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 06:22:28 PM »
So happy to read you are all ok Holly . That must have been quite scary for you , that's a frightening amount of water . Hope it subsides for you real soon .

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 07:17:13 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2017, 10:47:31 PM »
Everyone here is ok... Still hearing from local friends.
There is so much loss from homes to animals. Its terribly sad. Listened to rescue boats run for over 48 hours straight from my porch.
I am so grateful my family and horses are safe. So heartbroken for those that lost all.
The last 24 hours have been very emotional.
live barn camera link:

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2017, 07:19:19 AM »
We are so happy that you are safe and your animals are safe.  Having been through Hurricane Charley and the flooding and losses, it's a time you never forget when you see others going through it.  Each storm is different with length of time, how deep the water got, how long it lasted, how long it takes to rebuild.....but you never forget.  I just can't say how happy I am you are safe.  My daughter Katy is in San Antonio, and we're happy it never got to where she lives, but her husband's sister lives in Houston, and while at first wasn't in the flooding, apparently that is changing/has changed....I just keep praying and checking on them with Katy & Matt.  They have 2 very little ones.

Prayers being listed for all impacted by this horrible storm.