Author Topic: Website Changes  (Read 542 times)

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
Website Changes
« on: August 23, 2017, 09:30:44 AM »
I updated and changed the layout of my website. Would yall be kind enough to take a look and pass me your thoughts.  ;D

http://sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com/
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
Re: Website Changes
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 03:41:43 PM »
Hi Holly!! Be looking for a PM from me in a little bit. I started your audit before lunch, but got called away.

My first few comments are general observations, that anyone might want to consider when constructing a website:

1)  I like your layout!! The backgrounds are complimentary, you've chosen easy to read fonts, and the colors are nice as well.
2)  The pictures you've chosen are clear and your animals are in nice pasture condition.  There are no distracting backgrounds!
3)  What is the purpose of your website?  By viewing the home page, my impression is that you're a hobby breeder, who maintains a website to share your hobby with the world.  Is that your intent? (I hope that doesn't sound negative, sometimes the internet can create a cold comment.)

Overall, it is a very nice website!  Easy to read, easy to navigate, pleasant to look at. Well done!!

Edited to add:

Oh yeah!! Is your phone number a dedicated line, that you don't mind getting 50 million calls on??  Spammers and phishers have a nasty habit of using bots to find new numbers to market to.  >:(

Julie in NC
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 07:01:18 PM »
Looks fantastic and reads very well  :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 08:32:28 PM »
Nice job, Holly. Easy to read, good pictures and very clear and functional. 

Change:
Under stallions for Legacy - reference -- you have LP/Patrn1 -- this is not a proper gene statement and appaloosa breeders will be looking for the correct testing data.  It should read:  LP/lp PATN!/patn1 or whatever he was tested.  You must include 2 of each gene to be correct.  The same goes for Sassy. 

CONGRATULATIONS ON A FINE JOB!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 08:54:19 PM »
Nice job, Holly. Easy to read, good pictures and very clear and functional. 

Change:
Under stallions for Legacy - reference -- you have LP/Patrn1 -- this is not a proper gene statement and appaloosa breeders will be looking for the correct testing data.  It should read:  LP/lp PATN!/patn1 or whatever he was tested.  You must include 2 of each gene to be correct.  The same goes for Sassy. 

CONGRATULATIONS ON A FINE JOB!

Thanks for mentioning this Diane....I skipped over it when transcribing my notes to Holly here and in her PM.  Now I feel better about sending her a looong pm.
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!