Author Topic: My Eclipse pictures  (Read 593 times)

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
My Eclipse pictures
« on: August 21, 2017, 02:24:41 PM »
No eyes were burned during the taking of these photos!
we used a welding mask, with cell phone!
By waving hand in front of mask it kind of activates the mask... ( so my son told me) lol
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: My Eclipse pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 05:39:21 PM »
One of the Agents that works with me has a son in Wyoming, and here are the pictures he got with his phone.  Pretty cool!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 05:42:03 PM »
We took the lens out of the welding helmet and used just the lens to view the eclipse; between stores and pizza hut (we were in town today).   We are out of the direct path, so many weren't that interested, didn't see that many lookiloos around here.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 06:10:41 PM »
Very cool!!!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Ryan

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 06:11:14 PM »
How cool !!!

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 04:02:55 PM »
Tried to add some from Santee, South Carolina yesterday, but couldn't upload them.  Let's try again......

Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 04:17:05 PM »
Well, there they are!  LOL

The first one is at the start of the eclipse. Obviously, you can just see S-U-N.

The second is during totality.  It's not a good one either...sooooo tiny!!  I was surprised to be able to see anything, as it was set to auto flash.  During totality, it flashed!  Was taking too long to reset it, so I just quit snapping and kept watching.  Others in our group had better luck, because they put their glasses over the lens of their cameras, and I didn't. (Knucklehead me.)

One thing I do notice though....I got too much sun that day.  Even with drinking my normal 5 bottles of water, by 3:00 p.m. when we hit the road I was severly dehydrated, light sensitive, and had a terrible TERRIBLE headache.  I was very ill on the way back.  I can't look at these pictures without feeling the slightly nauseous again.  Particularly when I look at the bright one, I feel like I need sunglasses.  It hurts to look at it.

Hey, one neat observation!!  I have transitional lenses in my glasses.  As the eclipse progressed, they got lighter and lighter, until they were almost like they are indoors.  I thought that was pretty nifty!

Overall, I enjoyed the trip.  I was saying "Thank you" prayers on the way home, because I got to see something so special.  I'm not going to lie though......in the moments of totality....I kind of wished I'd done like some of the Native Americans, and observed this in a private way.  To me, it was an extremely spiritual and moving time.  I'd have liked to say my prayers and shed my tears of awe in peace, without whooping, hollering and carrying on like some did.  Only for the exact 2:28 minutes/seconds of totality though.  Sharing the rest of it with my BFF and her family was AWWWWHHHSSSUUUMMM!!!  ROFL
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!